Thread: how to post thumbnails?

Question how to post thumbnails?

Hello, I wanted to post a new thread but I only know how to post the real size pics and I'm wondering how to post the thumbnails where you click to enlarge?

thanks in advance.

Default How to post photos correctly instead of hotlinking!

You may have missed it due to the fact that the option to upload the photos is below the scroll/eye line when posting a new message. It is also easily missed due to people incorrectly using the,

"Insert picture" or "Insert link" icon in the options bar when posting.

You need to use the "Manage Attachments" button instead.

If you havent already worked it out here is what you have to do... (BTW - dont be put off by the amount of instructions its actually a lot easier to do than to explain, oh and make sure you are logged in on a registered user name) then,

1. If you click either the "new thread" button or "post reply" button then you will get a screen that allows entry of text, if you scroll down you will notice a "manage attachments" button in the "additional options" section.

2. Click the "Manage Attachments" button and the "Manage Attachment" windows will appear.

3. Click the first "browse" button in the "Manage Attachments" window, a dialog box will appear allowing you to select the first photo stored on your computer. Click the "open" button . The dialog will then disappear returning you to the "manage attachment" window.

4. Repeat last point until all the photos you want are attached then click the "upload" button in the "Manage Attachments" window. In the "Manage Attachments" window a message will appear notifying you that you are uploading files. Keep and eye out for the message changing as this will notify you when the upload has completed.

5. Once you are sure the upload has finished close the "Manage Attachments" window.

6. You will notice in the "post new thread" or "post reply" window where you entered the text that in the "addition options" section your files or photos are listed.

7. Once you are happy with the file listing and message text you can "submit new thread" or "post reply" button.

8. If you notice any mistakes you can edit the thread or reply post by clicking the "edit button" this will allow you to change the text. If you spot a problem with the photos then click the "edit" button, then go advanced. Once you have finished click "save".

One thing to watch out for is that if you take too long over a post, it can time out. This usually happens if you upload a lot of files or photos and go out while uploading and come back several hours later to finish the post. You will have to start again!

Hopefully this helps, if you have any questions then let me know!

biGGie

Thanks dude, I got it now.

Virgin

first time post hope you all like watch this space
    Last edited by hunger; 01-20-2007 at 01:01 PM.

test test test

edit: huh? this is really frustrating! i always klicked on "preview post" and in this preview the attached thumbnails didn't show this little picture. but now i tested it with this "test" picture and it works...
    damn! so much time lost...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by etzam; 08-22-2010 at 06:22 PM.