Thread: HJ problems

Beginner

Default HJ problems

plz helt me i cant get the Hj movies to work dont know what to do !!

Let me know more details.

Which movie is it that you are having problems with and in what section?

What does it do, does it not play when you have joined it? ...or will it not join at all?

Beginner

hey again it is the movie made bye jess and justin the 3 some movie + the other movies they have made and all the hj movies it say just internet explore to find programe to open file with then it just says erro cant open file and it is alle the hj movies you got in here plz help

Use the program HJ Split to join the files, then play it.

Hi mr green,

As Vladmyr mentions, we use a program called hjsplit to split video into smaller parts so we can post large videos here this is due to filesize limits of the forum software for single files.

You will need to use it to rejoin the video parts before it will play fully. You can download hjsplit from,

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

A tip from prgivsfacials,

Quote Originally Posted by prgivsfacials View Post
    Here's a tip to make using HJSplit to join files on windows a bit easier.

Download all the parts of your split file.

Bear in mind that sometimes windows will append .mpg (or possibly some other movie file type suffix) to the file name. When attempting a join these files won't be found and your joined file will be incomplete. There are two ways round this.

1) When saving the file, change the "save as type" option to all files.
    2) Actually remove the .mpg suffix manually from each file.

For the second option you wont be able to see the file suffix if the "Hide extensions of known file types" checkbox is checked.

To find this option go to an explorer window (otherwise know as my computer) and go to "Tools" -> "Folder Options". The very bottom option is "Hide extensions of known file types". Uncheck this and click OK. Now you should be able to see the rogue .mpg extension on the file and you can rename the file to remove the file extension.

I think this may have been a cause of confusion among many users, as to why HJSplit was not working properly.

I take it people do know the fundamentals of how to use HJSplit so I'll stop there, but i people need it explaining further no problem.

P

Further instructions on how to use HJSPLIT can be found in the online manual at,

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/manual/

hope this helps to get the file joined together correctly.

If you still encounter problems after getting the file joined then it cold be a codec problem. For help with codec issues take a look at the post at,

http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=6886

Good luck and let us know how you get on...
    biGGie

Hi - I can get the files to join but it seems impossible to fast forward to a bit for repeated viewing... Others have this problem???

Some videos have been encoded with slight problems such as not being able to forward them, other times it is the media player being used that doesnt like the video.

Using an alternative player may get you around the issue, try one of the below,

DivX Player
    VLC
    Media Player Classic