Poll: What section are you most interested in moderating

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Mods Read This!

Default All Mods Read This!

Hi all our dear moderators.

I came up with an idea that english seems to have liked. On his order i want you to select one section which will be your top priority when it comes to moderating. You will all still have full access to the other sections. Its just a matter of making the moderating more effective. Two mods will be appointed to a section in the end.

So vote and choose the section you care for the most.

When the flame turns to ashes, legends will be forgotten...

JohnLaw

Good idea!

Yeah the size of this place now, its quite a good suggestion, however we will all need to be able to mod all the other sections as well when there are people away on hols etc.

Default A further suggestion

If I may make a suggestion...It seems that moderation is mostly needed in the freebie section. That is where i think the problem with abuse of non rule following, spam crap and the like is..

I would suggest that the moderators be responsible for a freebie section and we can all moniter the platinum section. The amount of supervision in platinum seems to be minimal at best....

Just my two cents....

Default I agree

I agree with BBOY, the free section is where most of the crap happens.

The people who atleast join the platinum do the righty by the section, it's the ones who just troll the free section and post garbage that give me the shits.

Just my 2cents worth as a NEW Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by biGGie View Post
    Yeah the size of this place now, its quite a good suggestion, however we will all need to be able to mod all the other sections as well when there are people away on hols etc.
    As stated in the first post everyone will still have the possibility to moderate and access all the other sections. Its a matter of setting up personal moderating priorities. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bukkakeboy View Post
    If I may make a suggestion...It seems that moderation is mostly needed in the freebie section. That is where i think the problem with abuse of non rule following, spam crap and the like is..

I would suggest that the moderators be responsible for a freebie section and we can all moniter the platinum section. The amount of supervision in platinum seems to be minimal at best....

Just my two cents....
    You have a good point there. I wouldnt want to say that your idea nullifies the original idea though. A synthesis of the ideas would perhaps be the best solution, where everyone chooses their favorite section AND has a part of the free section as a mandatory responsibility. As that is where most rule breaking occurs, every section there might need more than one devoted moderator anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sasfire View Post
    I agree with BBOY, the free section is where most of the crap happens.

The people who atleast join the platinum do the righty by the section, it's the ones who just troll the free section and post garbage that give me the shits.

Just my 2cents worth as a NEW Mod.

Lets keep discussing and we might even come to a conclusion of the matter.

When the flame turns to ashes, legends will be forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by hated View Post
    Hi all our dear moderators.

I came up with an idea that english seems to have liked. On his order i want you to select one section which will be your top priority when it comes to moderating. You will all still have full access to the other sections. Its just a matter of making the moderating more effective. Two mods will be appointed to a section in the end.

So vote and choose the section you care for the most.
    Sounds like a good idea hated.

If we all had a dedicated section to moderate it would make the process both more efficient and quicker.

Thats said though it does always depend on how frequently the moderators log into ff.net & moderate their particular sections. As a rule I try log in twice a day and then rattle through the 'New Posts' section. Sometimes though the commitments we have outside of ff.net does not always allow this to happen

We will probably need a fair amout of overlaping to try & cover all the bases.

Lets try it out and see what happens.

Cheers

Valenuk1

Thumbs up Great idea

Interesting idea this, it could work out real well, as long as mods don't get too territorial and start to think that the section that is given to them is "THEIR" personal section to the exclusion of others.

Pity there aint a "Big Tit" section or I would be first in line, fighting English, John Law & jizzr to the death lol

ormingstoke

Good idea, I usually just go through the new posts and see if anythings out of line, but if everyone had a specific area to keep watch over we'd probably keep things more in line and let the place run smoother.

JohnLaw

Quote Originally Posted by alkie View Post
    Pity there aint a "Big Tit" section or I would be first in line, fighting English, John Law & jizzr to the death lol
    Looool!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast