Thread: XviD MPEG-4 codec

Default XviD MPEG-4 codec

Hello,

I have a Rodney Moore movie I would like too extract scenes from it. I'm using (Ulead videostudio 7). It does not work.

Somebody knows how to do it?

Thanks

Gathor

Here are the spec of the movie :

Nom du fichier : F:\xdx\[Rodney Moore] Monster facials #1\[Rodney Moore] Monster facials #1.avi
    Taille du fichier : 950 Mb.

[Film]
    Valide : Oui [AVI]
    Durée : 02:18:34
    Film complet : Oui

[Vidéo]
    Résolution : 512x384
    Codec : XviD MPEG-4 codec
    FPS : 29,97
    BitRate : 830 Kbps
    Facteur de qualité : 0,14 b/px

[Audio]
    Codec : MPEG 1 or 2 Audio Layer 3 (MP3)
    Nombre de canaux : 2
    Fréquence d'échantillonage : 48000 Hz
    BitRate : 128 Kbps

Gathor,

I have Ulead Video Studio and it's an okay program if you're heavy into video editing, transitions, titleing and all the other eyewash. I don't use it very much because most of what I do with videos, I can do MUCH easier with other programs.

Video Studio

1. Select "FILE" --- "INSERT MEDIA FILE TO TIMELINE" --- INSERT VIDEO
    (select your Rodney Moore video)

2. At this time the RM video should be in the preview screen. There are two bars underneath the preview screen. The first is a "Trim Bar" and the second is the "Jog Bar". Using your mouse, grab the left "Trim Bar" button and drag it to the beginning of the video section that you want to save. Now drag the right "Trim Bar" button to the end of the video section you want to save.

3. When you are sure that you have all of the clip that you want, look to the left of the program window and click on "Save Trimmed Video".

4. Once the clip has been saved, a thumbnail will appear in the top right corner of the program window, under VIDEO STUDIO 7.

5. If you drag you mouse over the thumbnail, it will show you the location of the file. Hint: It will be in Documents&Settings/your name/My Documents/UleadVideoStudio/7.0/file name.

I would suggest to you that you visit the Doom9 forum and download a copy of "Virtual Dub". It's free, very easy to use, and versatile. There are a great many filters available for adjusting color, brightness, sharpness, etc.

Virtual dub will only open AVI and MPG files and renders only in AVI. Personally, I want all my movies in AVI so that I can correct all the mistakes from people who know how to fuck but can't figure out how to use a camera, which unfortunately, is most of them.

I hope this helps.

Hashman