Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion

Default Suggestion

Id like to suggest a rule about bumping old threads...shit drives me crazy

post new in topic content or or dont post after it gets a certain age

I see threads here 6 months old and older get bumped here because someone simple says good job....

Yes I agree. It may seem like a minor thing and I'm sure those who'll get infractions or warnings for it will be like "WTF???" But I do find it annoying thinking there's going to be some new shit finally and it's a two-word comment.

While we're at it, how do people feel about there being a bajillion threads, like one per clip? Couldn't posters group them together, like by performer, or fetish, or even "all the stuff that fits in this category"? Is it better to have dozens of pages of threads, or threads with dozens of pages (but well-grouped)? Opinions please?

Sometimes a post in an old thread triggers me to read it. Mnay times I doscover a thread I never seen before! And there is nothing wrong to put a nice reply in a thread when you like it. The few seconds to read the two-word com is for me no big deal. So I don't agree this time with you.
    I think it is better to continue a thread better than start a new one with the same subject. On the other hand, the 15 seconds of fame starting a new thread is important too .

I don't know if people are going to "group" together performers or themes, I think people are just going to continue to post however they want to. I like the idea of continuing threads, but if I only have one clip to post at a given time, I might just do a one time subject and never post on it again. I like to post multiple clips, and that is when I might add to a thread I started, even if there hasn't been activity on it for a couple of weeks or so.

If the threads are still here 6 months old or not, then someone who liked something or wanted to comment on it should have that right, otherwise just delete the thread. I'm sure alot of people aren't even really thinking about when something they comment on was posted.

I admit it irritates me too when I see a thread, go to the last page expecting an update as in a new clip or new pics and find "nice job" but then again that could have been someone's first attempt to get involved with the forum.

The Shape

nutritionshake

hmmm... not to sure about thread restructuring since most threads are pretty well filled out and it can make it easier to search something (IMO).... but I totally agree that the post bumping is annoying as shit; unless it's an unfilled request then fuck off; If you really love the post so much then add to the posters rep or send a PM... hell, even start a thread in general chat called "posts I like" or some such nonsense.... just don't waste my time or fuck with my balls by making me think there's new content when there's not...

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

woh, chill with the language dude...
    its a fair comment but does it need to be so agresive.

ill have a think , see if there is something that can be done, but i also agree with ronaldbr, i also get tempted into and old thread..

lets see what others say.

FA
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

JohnLaw

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldbr View Post
    Sometimes a post in an old thread triggers me to read it. Mnay times I doscover a thread I never seen before! And there is nothing wrong to put a nice reply in a thread when you like it. The few seconds to read the two-word com is for me no big deal. So I don't agree this time with you.
    I think it is better to continue a thread better than start a new one with the same subject[...]
    Exactly my opinion.

Expert

Default I don't need no stinkin' titles

I'm not only new here but to this whole newsgroup thing. However, some valid points have been made by THESHAPE (and I don't think he's too aggressive -just from New Jersey or one of those places that start with 'new'). I'm one of the people that irritate you experienced folks, but I'm starting to see that a handful of threads could be joined under one -so somebody's not taking time to look around before starting new threads. I like the idea of adding to one's rep before commenting and drawing some stroker like THESHAPE into a deadend. Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    but then again that could have been someone's first attempt to get involved with the forum.
    I have to agree, newbies are always encouraged to post a word of thanks add a little bit to the reputation etc. I personally have bumped an older post or two myself to tell someone "thanks for the vids or pics." I mean I don't want to just be a lurker...I'd like to at the very least let these people know their hard work is appreciated.

Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldbr View Post
    I think it is better to continue a thread better than start a new one with the same subject.
    I Agree with this comment as well, sorry Mike. I think telling ppl NOT to post, or discouraging those who want to contribute by posting a "thank you" is not right -if it means a thread gets bumped or not- who cares, member participation is a GOOD thing. A forum and its community is built by those who post and participate.

I think it doesn't happen as frequent as you make it out to be either really...
    But -There have been some great older threads that get revitalized, and that has been nothing but a good thing.

If you don't like the thread, and you notice it's an old one you don't like, don't read it. Quite simple really.

9Inch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast