Thread: need help on making GIF

Default need help on making GIF

I have numerous snapshots of my homemade video and would very much like to turn it into an animated GIF file. Can anyone please help me out?

Thank you.

I know there are plenty of programs available that you can purchase and they may even be some free ones on line. However, you may just want to go to this address: http://www.gifninja.com/ and use their free online service. I've never done it personally, but it looks simple enough and allows up to 5 images.

Give it a shot and let us know how it works out.

hashman

Thank you, hashman. A terrific website but its still very limited to what I want to do with my pics and videos. Is there any free progam that I don't know about?

Try this url: http://www.freebyte.com/graphicprograms/#animation

Or, just google; everything is out there. Just be careful of "freebies", they can sometimes contain gifts that keep on giving.

casvdry

IrfanView may do what you want. Here is the program details:
    IrfanView is a fast FREEWARE image viewer/converter for Win9x/NTand Windows 2000. Supported file formats:AIF, ANI/CUR, BMP/DIB, CAM (Casio), CLP, Dicom/ACR, DJVU, EMF/WMF,EPS, FlashPix (FPX), G3, GIF, ICO/ICL/EXE/DLL, IFF/LBM, IMG (GEM),JPG/JPEG, KDC, LDF, LWF, MED, MP3, PBM/PGM/PPM, PCX/DCX, PhotoCD,PNG, PSD, PSP, RAS/SUN, RealAudio (RA), RLE, SFF, SFW, SGI/RGB,SWF (Flash/Shockwave), TGA, TIF/TIFF, WBMP, XBM, XPM. Support for Apple QuickTime: allows IrfanView to read followingformats: MOV, QTIF, Mac PICT, FLI/FLC.Microsoft Media Player PlugIn: allows IrfanView to read followingformats: ASF, AU/SND/AIF, AVI, DAT (VideoCD), MID/RMI, MOV, MP3,MPG/MPEG, WAV, WMA, WMF, etc. Some features of IrfanView:Thumbnail option, preview option, drag & drop support, slideshow,fast directory view (fast moving through directory), batch conversion, email option, audio CD player, print option, change color depth, scan support, cut/crop, effects (sharpen, blur, Photoshop filter factory),capturing, extract icons from EXE/DLLs, lossless JPG rotation,many hotkeys, many command line options ...The first graphic viewer worldwide with Animated-GIF support !The first graphic viewer worldwide with Multiple-ICO support !One of the first graphic viewers with Multipage-TIFF support ! FREEWARE for use at home you can free download IrfanView 4.00 now.
    Of course, if it doesn't do exactly what you need I am almost positive it will help you in some way shape or form.