Thread: I;m so close with getting this damn HJ split

Default I;m so close with getting this damn HJ split

Hi I'm so close to getting this Hj split to work. here's my problems still. I drag the downloaded hj file into the dock where the yellow and blue HJSplit icon is it reads the file and i get a successful alert. Good so far them when i got to play it this unarchiver error come up and says it cant read it.
    does this sound totaly strange and unclear what am i doing wrong!Please help
    Thanks
    -J-

yes, sounds strange. I assume you numbered the clips as .001 .002 and so on at the end of the downloaded clip. After that, take ONLY the .001 file and drag it to the hj icon. Now you will be asked for the input file, select the .001 clip you just dragged into the icon and then select JOIN files. It will then join the first clip and the rest of the clips into one playable file. I suggest doing all of this on your desktop so everything you need is right there.

Remember, the clips must be numbered correctly for hj to join the files, and you only have to drag the first clip into the icon, hj will find the rest and combine them.

Hope that helped, let us know if you succeeded.

The Shape

casvdry

Also, I am quite sure the files actually need to be named the same. Because there could exist more than one .001, .002 and so on. Example:

MovieFile.001
    MovieFile.002

Is different from

MovieClip.001
    MovieClip.002

Do you know how to take screenshots of your desktop and the error you're getting? It is pretty simple in Windows. Press the print screen keyboard button located somewhere near the top right, usually. After pressing it, open up MS-Paint and go to EDIT > PASTE FROM CLIPBOARD. Save the image to your desktop then upload it here so we can see what HJ split is doing.
    Last edited by casvdry; 12-06-2007 at 01:55 AM.