Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reputation

Well that's just great. I post a movie and get kudos and commendatiion in print replies while getting a blue mark from somebody at the same time. Then I offer a meaningful suggestion to a tech problenm and get a blue mark from somebody else. Wazzup wit dat? I'v been a paid member here for more years than my profile sez. I'll just keep ignoring this as I have been doing over the years. Ignorance is bliss! I've never tried to enhance or slam anyone's 'reputation' nor will I ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    Click on the words User CP near top left. (Might be better if it was labeled User Profile or at least something less cryptic than CP.)

If you don't see the words Latest Reputation Received somewhere there, then you haven't received any.
    I don't see anything there about reputation. Ah man, does this mean I've NEVER received any? Fuckin' hell!

"Hi! I'm headbutts, but you may remember me from such usernames as antona, and Dr Phibes!"

Quote Originally Posted by goboy View Post
    Well that's just great. I post a movie and get kudos and commendatiion in print replies while getting a blue mark from somebody at the same time. Then I offer a meaningful suggestion to a tech problenm and get a blue mark from somebody else. Wazzup wit dat? I'v been a paid member here for more years than my profile sez. I'll just keep ignoring this as I have been doing over the years. Ignorance is bliss! I've never tried to enhance or slam anyone's 'reputation' nor will I ever.
    Yes, Goboy, I've also had blue marks for no apparent reason, with no comment text given whatsoever. And you've been here for years without even being aware of the "system" at all.

There's obviously something badly wrong here.

Moderators/Administrators/Webmaster -- we need explanations.
    Want to chat with FF members? Click here..

Bump, bumper, bumperissimo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    Bump, bumper, bumperissimo.
    Fingers, have some patience please. I am sure your question will be answered in due time. Bumping the thread after 3 hours because you didn't get a reply isn't going to make that reply come any faster. Besides it's irritating.

We are talking about rep here, not life and death. Sheeesh

The Shape

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.
    My Retro Thread http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=26550

Expert

The rep just means rep- thats it- you don't go to hell or heaven based on your #'s.
    There are no "bonuses" or "concequences" to the reputation recieved.

It is nothing to worry about

9Inch

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Fingers, have some patience please. I am sure your question will be answered in due time. Bumping the thread after 3 hours because you didn't get a reply isn't going to make that reply come any faster. Besides it's irritating.

We are talking about rep here, not life and death. Sheeesh

The Shape
    I take your point, Shape, but 3 hours is a bit of an understatement. The question was first asked on 9 February -- more than two months ago -- and it still hasn't been answered. Is it really so complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by 9inch View Post
    The rep just means rep- thats it- you don't go to hell or heaven based on your #'s.
    There are no "bonuses" or "concequences" to the reputation recieved.

It is nothing to worry about

9Inch
    Sorry, 9". I hadn't read that when I made my previous post.

Thanks for the information. I wasn't worried -- just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Teltoy View Post
    Hey cool down all! Fingers you personally have had loads of good rep from me, I like your no nonsense style. This place wouldn't be the same without you... you always bring a wry smile to my face.

Rep don't really matter shite, just good when it's good and bad when it's bad!

What matters to me is that someone comments on my posts... like (RANT!) this (RANT!) thread (RANT!) here:

http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=22442

I thought I had posted something quite rare and different... blimey have you seen it? I had to resize it and everything! LOADS of views but not one comment. RANT!

Anyways (rant over) I have got used to it, happened many times, goboy and shape both know how I feel.
    I like you, Teltoy. Thank you.

Maybe it would be good if we knew who is giving us Rep points. I always make it clear. Certainly comment text should be mandatory. I've twice had negative Rep given with no comment at all. What's the point of that?

I read through this thread rather quickly, but I didn't notice anyone mention the green dots by our screen names. Once you get enough rep you'll get additional dots. For example, notice 9inch's impressive harem of three dots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast