Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Firefox Users]

casvdry

Default [Firefox Users]

If you're a user of the Web Browser Firefox I'd like to make a recommendation on an Extension you can install to make your Thumbnail browsing easier.

Here is a preview of what the addon does:

Whenever you mouseover a thumbnail it will pop up the image in its original size instead of linking you to another page to view the full size image.

Below, you will find a zip file which contains an XPI file. Extract it to your desktop and then open Firefox. Go to File > Open File > Select ThumbnailExpander.xpi and install it. Once it is installed, restart Firefox and you should be good to go!
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks mate

That is a sweet addon! Thanks for pointing it out!

Beginner

the piclens addon is even better....would require the admins to enable it tho...and works in both IE and FF

www dot piclens dot com
    www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=i0JAAlONQMU

casvdry

I've tried just about every addon out there and have yet to find one that does what this does so simply. I may have even tried piclens. I just requested that the author add vBulletin support to Thumbnail Expander and he added it the very next day I think PicLens is a more devoted gallery type addon. This is to make it simple to preview pictures before you decide to download anything.

I use a few other adons such as no script and ad blocker and I have to say i did try that addon but i didn't like it. It would expand too late or to early and stay on the screen for too long + after that i'd still have to click on the picture and save it if i wanted to. So i what i've done is prevented the new firefox tab that opens when you click the photo to steal focus.

This way i could open 20 tabs in the background and then sort through the pics

Below is how you do that if interested.

1. Open a new Firefox tab and type about:config

2. In the Filter bar, type browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground

3. The value of this is False by default. Double click the line to toggle it and set it to True.

4. Restart Firefox.

lubbilubbing

thats handy
    thanks

And if you're truly lazy and just dont want to go through the tabs and manually save the ones you like. You'll need to install this addon that will automatically save the pics you've just opened in those tabs to a directory you choose.

You can download it here or get it form the firefox addons page

Bazzacuda Image Saver Plus 0.10
    Attached Files Attached Files

Solid thanks!

pulicaus!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE FUCKING MAN!!! I hated that you couldnt control how tabs opened in Firefox or so I thought. You have made my day. THANK YOU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast