Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera Advice

We also have a house full of high end Nikon digital cameras. Too many of them in fact! We've been buying at least 2 or more digital cameras a year since they first came out, starting with the old Olympus D600. Our home office now has 19 cameras on the shelf

My husband wanted something quite small to just carry in my purse or in his pocket, so he researched like crazy. he decided on the Canon PowerShot SD1100IS which is an very compact 8MP camera. The pictures are truly great, and it shoots amazingly well in very low light. It also takes great video at 640X480, although you do need good light. But all in all, it's a fantastic little camera for under $200. USD

If you look at the pictures in my profile, the ones of me suntanning were shot with that camera, and not even on the high rez setting. I could post the quick video he shot at the same time, to show it as an example of the camera, but I don't believe I am allowed to post video in here.

Carol xoxoxo

I'm a photographer and it's all about the lightning of the scene not the camera. Today's Digital cameras (even small pocket ones) will work just fine if you follow simple rules.

1- Keep your focal distance, dont get to close to her face

2- I assume you dont have professional lightning, so use natural light always, and by natural i mean sunlight. Ex: Do the shot close to a window, but pay atention if the are no hard sun beams trough the window, position her facing the light but away from the direct sun light.

3- Never, ever use the flash of the camera or your home lamps to iluminate the scene...this will only produce hard shadows and ugly pictures.

So save your money and dont forget to show the results!

Here´s some pics i took of a ex-girlfriend using only window natural light...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mrpsg View Post
    I'm a photographer and it's all about the lightning of the scene not the camera. Today's Digital cameras (even small pocket ones) will work just fine if you follow simple rules.

1- Keep your focal distance, dont get to close to her face

2- I assume you dont have professional lightning, so use natural light always, and by natural i mean sunlight. Ex: Do the shot close to a window, but pay atention if the are no hard sun beams trough the window, position her facing the light but away from the direct sun light.

3- Never, ever use the flash of the camera or your home lamps to iluminate the scene...this will only produce hard shadows and ugly pictures.

So save your money and dont forget to show the results!

While I value your input as u are a photographer and I am not, you are very right about natural light being the best, but a hot shoe mounted flash properly bounced can produce quite pleasing pictures when natural light is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullard View Post
    While I value your input as u are a photographer and I am not, you are very right about natural light being the best, but a hot shoe mounted flash properly bounced can produce quite pleasing pictures when natural light is not available.
    I have to agree. Natural light is best but how often do you get to take 'dirty' pics/vids with that kind of light? In my experience any good digital camera used properly with decent light takes amazing pics and decent vids. I try to do the following: have plenty of light, preferably in-direct bouncing off the walls; be aware of your light sources, avoid producing shadows over your 'target'; don't get too close and be sure to use your focus or auto-focus features on your camera (too many good facial pics are damaged because the flash was too close or the face is slightly out of focus); try to get your model to pause sometimes to allow super clear pics; and, lastly take a LOT of pics, digital cameras are great because you can do this and dump bad or so-so pics, so give yourself a lot of choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1453 View Post
    I have to agree. Natural light is best but how often do you get to take 'dirty' pics/vids with that kind of light?.
    Well... close enough to a window like i said... its not outdoors!

elgrego

Default Just lovely .....

http://www.facialforum.net/attachmen...1&d=1220615964

..... light ! And a rather nice arse too

Seriously, those natural light pics are very nice indeed

Quote Originally Posted by elgrego View Post
    http://www.facialforum.net/attachmen...1&d=1220615964

..... light ! And a rather nice arse too

Seriously, those natural light pics are very nice indeed
    Thank you... like i said, natural light from a near window works fine!

of course the subject does help the result!

Default camera choices

I'm always interested in other folks cameras... Have a pentax DSLR here... but no woman

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1453 View Post
    I In my experience any good digital camera used properly with decent light takes amazing pics and decent vids. I try to do the following: have plenty of light, preferably in-direct bouncing off the walls; .
    I prefer to bounce the light off of the celing with the flash, set properly you can achieve a very natural looking light. as for point and shoot well you have to have ample light to achieve great pic's if not they should at least come out pretty good. and for cripes sake never put the camera right up to her face.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast