Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firefox (always the newest version!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by safn1949 View Post
    Just downloaded Firefox 3.5 test beta and it is super fast as far as I can tell,worth looking at.
    Yeah, it is fast !
    Too bad some of my add-ons don't work anymore

safn1949

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldbr View Post
    Yeah, it is fast !
    Too bad some of my add-ons don't work anymore
    They will have that figured out soon,I would think.What doesn't work?

I know, that is one of the disadvantage of using a beta release.
    I miss the most my Tab Mix Plus add-on.

/* update */
    Fixed now found an update: Tab Mix Plus Dev-Build 0.3.7.4pre.090516. Now I'm happy again

Beginner

Default Quick Hints

I just have to say to anyone who doesn't use Firefox, get it now.

I was one of those people who used Interent Explorer and thought it does the job for me, but with Firefox my browsing is a hundred times easier. Couple it with the downthemall add on and you will never go back to Explorer.

I just have to add I had one of those moments today when I thought, "Why didn't I know about this?"

Clicking the mouse wheel in on a link opens it automatically in a new tab, I used to right click the link and do it form the drop down menu. It may save seconds but it just one of those things that makes browsing that little bit easier.

You may be thinking, duh! I knew that already. But it reminded me off someone at work who asked what the wheel on the mouse was for and when I showed them it was like a revelation.

Anybody have any more tricks they routinely use without thinking about that speed up browsing which we may not know off?

Unhappy Firefox 3.5.1 breaks DownThemAll?

I just installed Firefox 3.5.1.

It's better than the previous version, especially for speed, but DownThemAll doesn't work properly any more, which is a disaster as far as using FF.net is concerned.

If I scroll down a DownThemAll list and select a file for download, the window flips back to the top. It should stay at the line I've selected, which makes it easy to select a few files from a long list, or all files in a block but not other blocks. The way it is now it's practically unusable unless I want to select all files.

Has anyone else encountered this and solved the problem?

[I will report it to the developer, of course, but I know there are quite a few users of this excellent tool on FF.net.]

Is there another download tool as useful as DownThemAll?
    Want to chat with FF members? Click here..

safn1949

Quote Originally Posted by andyr21uk View Post
    I just have to say to anyone who doesn't use Firefox, get it now.

I was one of those people who used Interent Explorer and thought it does the job for me, but with Firefox my browsing is a hundred times easier. Couple it with the downthemall add on and you will never go back to Explorer.

I just have to add I had one of those moments today when I thought, "Why didn't I know about this?"

Clicking the mouse wheel in on a link opens it automatically in a new tab, I used to right click the link and do it form the drop down menu. It may save seconds but it just one of those things that makes browsing that little bit easier.

You may be thinking, duh! I knew that already. But it reminded me off someone at work who asked what the wheel on the mouse was for and when I showed them it was like a revelation.

Anybody have any more tricks they routinely use without thinking about that speed up browsing which we may not know off?

And if you click the mouse wheel on the tab you opened,it will close it,very groovy.I learn every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    I just installed Firefox 3.5.1.

It's better than the previous version, especially for speed, but DownThemAll doesn't work properly any more, which is a disaster as far as using FF.net is concerned.

If I scroll down a DownThemAll list and select a file for download, the window flips back to the top. It should stay at the line I've selected, which makes it easy to select a few files from a long list, or all files in a block but not other blocks. The way it is now it's practically unusable unless I want to select all files.

Has anyone else encountered this and solved the problem?

[I will report it to the developer, of course, but I know there are quite a few users of this excellent tool on FF.net.]

Is there another download tool as useful as DownThemAll?
    I don't have any problem with DownThemAll with the 3.5.1 version.
    I have version 1.1.4 of DownThemAll. Did you try al;read to restore the original settings ?

Virgin

I am using android device default internet app. Whenever I try and download an attachment or pic I open it in a new window and try to save. Every time I try and save it saves the pic as an htm file. How do i save it as a jpeg etc? Will use of fire fox on my android device fix this issue?

Virgin

i updated to the lastest version

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123