Thread: Trouble Viewing Vids?

Thumbs up Trouble Viewing Vids?

K-Lite Codec Pack Standard contains everything you need to play all the commonly used formats. This package should be enough for the average user.

The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
    - It it always up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
    - It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
    - It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn't contain any conflicting codecs.
    - It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.

For other codec packs see here:
    www . free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files

Expert

Unhappy No luck playing most vids.

What would you recommend for Mac OSX 10.3.9? I've tried downloading Windows media player (only plays some WMV files) and VLC for my system but that won't even open (even though it says the download was successful). Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks - Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andy.j View Post
    What would you recommend for Mac OSX 10.3.9? I've tried downloading Windows media player (only plays some WMV files) and VLC for my system but that won't even open (even though it says the download was successful). Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks - Andy
    There is a Mac version of VLC find it here:
    www(DOT)videolan(DOT)org/vlc/download-macosx.html
    That might help

Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by alkie View Post
    K-Lite Codec Pack Standard contains everything you need to play all the commonly used formats. This package should be enough for the average user.

The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
    - It it always up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
    - It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
    - It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn't contain any conflicting codecs.
    - It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.

For other codec packs see here:
    www . free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm

Hmmm.... have installed the above and it still says 'cannot render file' for most videos, particularly the ones with the 'HJ' icon next to them. Help much appreciated...

Function, The "HJ" you see next to some files is for the free program "HJ Split" you can download it here (www dot freebyte dot com / hj split) These files have to be joined before they can be viewed. There are plenty of tutorials on the forum regarding step by step instructions.

The first thing for you to do is follow the link provided above and get it running. I or someone else can help you figure it out once you have it.

It seems complicated at first, but it's really not, if I learned it pretty much anyone can. Also your platinum experience here will be much better with that tool, alot of great stuff on the forum is posted in HJ (upload limit is 20mb's that is why people upload in HJ for bigger cumfilled files) We are here to help if you have any questions.

The Shape

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.
    My Retro Thread http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=26550

Virgin

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Function, The "HJ" you see next to some files is for the free program "HJ Split" you can download it here www. freebyte (dot) com/ hjsplit
    The first thing for you to do is follow the link provided above and get it running. I or someone else can help you figure it out once you have it.

It seems complicated at first, but it's really not, if I learned it pretty much anyone can. Also your platinum experience here will be much better with that tool, alot of great stuff on the forum is posted in HJ (upload limit is 20mb's that is why people upload in HJ for bigger cumfilled files) We are here to help if you have any questions.

The Shape
    Thank you for such a speedy response! I'll give this a go and let you know how I get on...

Virgin

....and it works perfectly. Many thanks for your help, this is a great site!

Thumbs up

Glad to hear it Function. So many are intimidated by HJ split, but it's really not difficult, and if you are a platinum member and don't have it.....you are missing out. Remember there is no shortage of people here that are willing to help with HJ and anything else.

The Shape

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.
    My Retro Thread http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=26550