Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HJ Split problem

Default HJ Split problem

I have used this successfully many times. I had to upload it again for my new computer. I can see the files but when I go to join them I get an error that says, "Invalid floating point operation." If I drill down a little I am told the files are damaged, but I know with the # of downloads and compliments here that is not true. Anyone have any advice?

Do you have Windows Vista?

I have read somewhere here at FF another member has trouble with HJ Split on Vista, but I do not know, if there is a common problem.
    And I can not try it out, because I use Windows XP (do not like Vista).

Not a Platinum member yet? Click HERE to join! Why not sign up? It's worth it...
    Not a member at "The Facial Archive" yet? Click HERE to see more! Why not sign up? It's worth it...
    Need a Pictorial Guide on How to Verify? Then click HERE!
    Our rules can be found HERE!
    And the "Do not post content from..." can be found HERE!

I hate Vista, it is a hog, I am running XP....

safn1949

Vista is not the problem,I have run it for over a year.I would download hj split again,right click on properties and click run as administrator.Having said that I checked mine and I had not done that but it still worked ok.I would guess it is the program itself,that's why I would reinstall it.Anyone who needs help with Vista pm me and I will steer you to the information to make it run like a champ.

I use "File Splitter & Joiner" (FFSJ) in stead of hjsplit. Maybe you can try this to solve your problems. FFSJ can join files in different locations, and can delete the parts after joining and supports drag and drop.
    "Invalid floating point operation" seems an error in the software to me, a type mismatch maybe.

Thanks all. I will try uninstalling and downloading again. If that doesn't work then damn....

Thumbs up

I have run HJ on both XP, and Vista, never had a problem with it on either version. Maybe the uninstall will do the trick. I would do that and then try downloading a 2 part HJ to save time, see if it works with that.

If you can start out small and it works, then you shouldn't have any problems. Let me or someone know if you still have problems after the un/re install.

The Shape

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.
    My Retro Thread http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=26550

This is still giving me fits. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have added the .net framework other programs of this nature require, etc. Nothing works. I used to use this regularly and have no idea why I can't now. Keep getting the same error I mentioned above. I cannot get the file to download as a 001 file. If I use *.* to force it to see all files it will not recognize when I select. Where do I adjust my settings so my comp will save this as a .001 file as opposed to associating it with a media device? Argh. Thanks for any help.

Ha, please disregard. My last post gave me an idea and with some acrobatics I got it working. Thanks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kittyfan View Post
    Ha, please disregard. My last post gave me an idea and with some acrobatics I got it working. Thanks.
    Glad you got it to finally work Kitty, just for your or anyone else's info the alternative program for this kind of thing is posted here:

http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=25159

Personally prefer it, as it has a shell extension that adds it to your "right click" programs, so all you have to do is right click on the .001 file and click on join, easy peasy!! and I can guarantee that it works well on Vista.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast