Thread: suggestion

Lightbulb suggestion

Hi guys!

recently I had a chat with mods concerning forum rules (esp reposting of other members pics). First of all I do agree with that idea, but i think it should be clearly stated in "forum rules"

As (I hope ) u know I'm a member for quite some time. And I noticed that there are 3 main reasons that causes mods action
    1) Posting in other languages
    2) Posting Fakes
    3) Reposting member pics.

ok first one is clearly stated in rules

Quote Originally Posted by rule 15
    15) No Posting in other language other than English. Please remember we are from all over the world and this forum uses the universal language of ENGLISH, if you post in your own tongue please add a translation
    Second is also stated in rules
    Quote Originally Posted by rule 13
    Edited pictures We no longer allow our members to post or ask for pictures to be added to, e.g. come on my picture or adding speech bubbles, this includes fake cum pics, this is due to to the amount of images that have been posted of under age girls and work collogues, this is not fair on the individual in the pic. this is now a bannable infraction of our rules.
    (I would bold statement concerning fakes: this includes fake cum pics - still thats a minor change.

but the last rule is clearly misleading
    Quote Originally Posted by rule 3
    No Posting pics that are not yours in the competition thread. If we doubt any pics as not being your own or taken off the net, they will be removed. Do not post pics of people unless you have their permission. Once again if we suspect anything, they will be removed.
    First of all it suggests that it ain't general but specific only to "posting in the competition thread".

Perhaps its worth reconsidering to add rule:

Its forbidden to repost any member pics. If you find Member pic suitable for other thread post direct link to member thread/post/picture, instead of reposting other pics.

(of course this is just a base concept)
    I think its minor change that would make "forum rules" more transparent.

To my other fellow members, this post is made directly to FF staff, so please don't spam here.
    Last edited by Kermi; 03-05-2009 at 03:18 PM.

To let you all know, this has come about because of Kermi's refusal to remove a modified pic of another members pic as his avatar.
    Because of this I was asked to intervene at another Mods behest.
    I have since removed his avatar pending clarification of this matter from the member involved.
    He has refused to let this go however and through a number of pm's with myself tried to infer that he was unaware of the ruling on this matter.

If the ruling is as vague as he insists it seems strange that we have not had a succession of comments from you all concerning this matter.

I have informed him on two occasions that MEMBERS OF STAFF are responsible for the running and reviewing various rules on this forum...
    ...not individual members.
    While we value your input, the fact remains it is the Mods and Admins responsibility to make decisions on matters of this kind full stop.

This thread has been "padded" out to include some other rules in order to try to gain some kind of sympathy here and I feel it serves no useful purpose, therefore I have closed it.