Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saving Streaming Video files

Default Saving Streaming Video files

Looking for help with saving streaming video files. I assume since they are flv files they can be saved with VLC media player.

Sully

Beginner

I use RealPlayer. Easy to download.

If you mean being able to save them from a tube site that does not give you the facility to download them in the first place it is comparatively easy sully.
    As long as you are using Firefox as a browser, (if you're not already, then why the hell not, it's superior in every way to "Ole Billy's Bloated Browser")
    Just get your self a tiny add on that integrates with Firefox called DownloadHelper and you are good to go.
    Once it is installed, then navigate to the clip you want to download, start it streaming then click on the DownloadHelper tab and you will see the .flv name in the drop down list, click on that and it will download the clip wherever you want on your pc.
    It even has a facility to convert .flv's to .wmv's so you view them through even more media players.
    Last edited by alkie; 05-22-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Older versions of Firefox use to be compatible with "RealPlayer Browser Record" which, in my opinion, was better than DownloadHelper.

I hope they plan on making it compatible soon. But for now, DownloadHelper is just fine.

Default good advice, but...

Quote Originally Posted by alkie View Post
    If you mean being able to save them from a tube site that does not give you the facility to download them in the first place it is comparatively easy sully.
    As long as you are using Firefox as a browser, (if you're not already, then why the hell not, it's superior in every way to "Ole Billy's Bloated Browser")
    Just get your self a tiny add on that integrates with Firefox called DownHelper and you are good to go.
    Once it is installed, then navigate to the clip you want to download, start it streaming then click on the DownloadHelper tab and you will see the .flv name in the drop down list, click on that and it will download the clip wherever you want on your pc.
    It even has a facility to convert .flv's to .wmv's so you view them through even more media players.
    look for "DownloadHelper"
    Here's mud in yer eye!

the bigger the mess on her chin,
    the greater the width of my grin

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by niteowl52us View Post
    look for "DownloadHelper"
    Yeah ok, you got me there mate, I was in a bit of a hurry when I upped my original post.
    It is as you have rightly pointed out called DownLoadhelper but I reckon Sully got the drift!!

Thanks to all for the help! You are correct Alkie, I did mean to save streaming video that does not have a download function. Sorry for the confusion. Off to download the needed software. Talk about timely tech support, you guys are awesome. Thanks again.

Sully

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sully2327 View Post
    Thanks to all for the help! You are correct Alkie, I did mean to save streaming video that does not have a download function. Sorry for the confusion. Off to download the needed software. Talk about timely tech support, you guys are awesome. Thanks again.

Sully
    No problem at all Sully, was just glad I could help. If you have any probs with it just gimme a shout, been using it for years and I have found it does the job for just about every clip you can encounter.

nutritionshake

this won't help most people, but this is how I rip most flv sites. I use linux which has an easily accessible temporary info folder called /tmp which stores all temporary info to include flash videos being played on your web browser... basically just wait for the video to finish playing, at which point the whole thing has been cached in my /tmp folder, then copy the file over to one of my normal folders... done deal...

Shit! I'm so clueless I didn't even know you could grab streaming video!! so I'm using old exploder on vista....no good then? You guys are all down with firefox?

So do you have to watch the entire vid or do you just have to wait for it to load entirely? Again sgp250 = stone age

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast