Thread: Reputation

Default Reputation

I've noticed in the User CP sometimes when I receive rep the button is green and sometimes it is grey. I get points when it's green but my rep stays the same when it's grey. How exactly does rep work

PS. Thanks to all who have taken the time to add to my rep
    If you like my avatar check out my Tabetha Thread!
    http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=25797

If you like my posts hit the rep button

If I have posted anyone's private pictures or anything that violates FF rules please let me know and I will remove immediately!

Expert

I've been trying to figure out that very same thing myself. It appears that a member with no rep points of their own, cannot leave any reputation either (grey box). Conversely, users with a high reputation leave positive (green) rep points. It would also appear that the more rep points a user has, the more positive rep they leave.

-SeedFeeder

elgrego

My take on it is that the grey blobs (I think they are actually blue) are neutral reputation.

This is explained in the FAQs - Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

What these criteria are, I'm not sure, I'd guess that it's number of posts or length of membership.

Also the more green blobs a person has (number of posts as well I think), the more points they will give when they leave rep for someone.
    Last edited by elgrego; 06-01-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Reputation points depends of the member status who giving rep.
    Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral .
    When it is grey it is received from a member with a low post count or recently joined. A green rep will add points and a red one subtracts it.

Default Number of boxes/dots

What do the number of boxes mean? how do u get them? if i leave rep for someone how much more do i have to "spread around" before i can give that person rep again (for posting yet another awesome thing)?

So many questions, so little space...

Expert

Quote Originally Posted by publicfacialgirl View Post
    What do the number of boxes mean? how do u get them? if i leave rep for someone how much more do i have to "spread around" before i can give that person rep again (for posting yet another awesome thing)?

So many questions, so little space...
    The more boxes you have, the more reputation. You get a new one for every 100 points of reputation, so that's the way to get it.

I don't know how much more you have to spread around before being able to give again though.

What do the number of boxes mean?
    It represent the reputition you have received from other members. The more green boxes the more rep received.

how do u get them?
    When you received some number of rep points another green box appear. I don't know exactly how rep you need for your second box. Everyone starts with one green box, being on Facial Forum counts for some rep too

if i leave rep for someone how much more do i have to "spread around" before i can give that person rep again (for posting yet another awesome thing)?
    I don't know exactly how many other members you had to rep before you can rep the same member again. I guess it is about 10 to 15 , but that is only a wild guess.