Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MacHacha problem

Quote Originally Posted by winstanley View Post
    Sorry, you've lost me there - I don't know what a hidden on internal filename is ...
    It is a file name only the Operating System knows. Even when you change the name of the file, OS remember it and pass it to a program. But this is knowledge from the past system2 I believe

What version of MacHacha do u have ? in 3.2.1 there was a problem, but it is fixed... Have you google the error message ? Found 2 hits which can be helpfull.

Try a program called "Split & Concat". It is the Mac equivalent of HJ Split for Windows. I'm a Mac user and I have not run into any problems with this software.

http:// www. xs4all.nl/~loekjehe/ Split&Concat/ (remove the spaces for the link to work)

I also found another program that also combines split files in .001 etc extensions as well as .rar (WinRar) files. The program is called "The Unarchiver".

http:// wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/ unarchiver.html

Both programs are free to use without an expiration date.

Many thanks for all that - have now sought out version 4.0 of Machacha which has successfully spilt a file. Great! It seems to rebuild ok as well, so I guess it's time to post.

Thanks for all the advice!

Late to this thread, but it's worth using Get Info in the finder and looking at the filename there - sometimes, even though the extension is .txt, you'll find there's another hidden extension that screws things up.
    The alternative is that there's some non simple ASCII character somewhere in the file. Try opening the file with something like Textwrangler - when you save it will warn you if there are control characters or non-standard stuff like n-dash etc.
    You can then find each one, fix it and then it'll be clean.
    Dunno if that will help.
    But then again, upgrading to the next version is always a good idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12