Thread: "De-shaking" video clips

Expert

Default "De-shaking" video clips

Ever watched a shaky-but-still-great clip and wished the camera had been steadier? (Like the mydirtyhobby clip of the brunette in fishnet stockings making all those faces as she got plastered...) Turns out there's something that can be done about it! This won't be a tutorial, because I get way too wordy trying to explain things, but the folks here who already edit and assemble clips will get the idea.

The free video editor Virtualdub can use plugins, and someone has written a "deshaker". These can be found by googling "virtualdub" and "virtualdub deshaker" (without the quotes, of course). To use them with this clip, I also needed Format Factory, which Google finds easily as well.

The original clip, as uploaded here at FF, was a 6.8MB FLV. Virtualdub can't handle FLVs, so I used Format Factory to convert it to an 11MB AVI. Running the Deshaker plugin with Virtualdub produced a 1.1GB(!!!) AVI, and running that through Format Factory specifying a "medium quality" AVI wound up with an 8.6MB AVI.

The results were very good. The young lady isn't completely still, because she was moving around some herself. But the website logo in the top right of the frame is jumping around madly, showing all the camera shake which was compensated for by the plugin.

See for yourselves...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very handy program,specially for the members here who regularly do their own scenes but have some put aside due to shaking.

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER? Click HERE to join.

Want to verify correctly,click
    HERE

Please take a look at our rules
    HERE Cant get HJsplit to work,please look HERE

Are you talking about me Spence? lol
    Nice post, Pasinfru. I did a self vid into a mirror the other day and I thought it was a bit shaky. I am going to tell my man about this program.
    Piper
    Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Very handy program,specially for the members here who regularly do their own scenes but have some put aside due to shaking.
    Cum join GloryholePrincess.com and get off to my 22,000+ pics and 600+ videos.