Thread: Video editing software

Default Video editing software

Well, I'm looking for sth that can edit some vids. What I basically want to do is blur/hide the face. Do you know which program I can use for that ? I'd prefer one for Mac OS but if there is none, I'll go with the Win version.

Anyone ??????

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio. It has some tutorials and is fairly easy to use. I've never blurred a face in vido before, but I'm sure it can be done.

Thanks for the info. I 've thought about vegas Studio but the question is, will I be able to blur/hide the face ?

Any other suggestions ?

Sony Vegas definitely has the tools to blur a face.

I would not recommend this software if the subject you are trying to blur is moving wildly around in the shot. But if your subject is fairly stationary, then Vegas should be okay.

I'm not saying Vegas is by far the best, but I think you'd be pretty happy with what the software has to offer.

Virgin

Default Final Cut

If you're on Mac, go with Final Cut Express (it's about $300 and does most of the things that Final Cut Pro can do at a third of the cost). If you can somehow qualify for an educational disount you can get it down even more!

I use Final Cut for my video production company and my freelance media reports. I think it's pretty damn easy to use and intuitive as well.

Default FinalCut

I agree with Lancer, if you're Mac based Final Cut is the way to go. You'll have a bit of a learning curve but it'll do what you described. There's also open source software like the useful Cinefx project you could try. http://www.jahshaka.org/

Quote Originally Posted by TheAssLover View Post
    Thanks for the info. I 've thought about vegas Studio but the question is, will I be able to blur/hide the face ?

Any other suggestions ?
    I suggest AVS4YOU, that's the one I use. If you want I have a link to dld it

No offense guys but suggesting final cut to someone who isnt a professional video editor is like giving a spectrum analyzer to an auto mechanic it makes no sense the cost and the learning curve are crazy high for something that has no ROI

The poster doesnt understand that doing something like blurring a face in video is as easy as it is on a picture....except you have to do it 30 times for every second of video......not something he wants to do by hand Im sure

the other easiest way to do it is with a travelling mask but now you are getting into that spectrum analyzer area.....

the right way to do it...pay an editor to do it for you or have the person you are trying to blur out wear a mask in the video