Thread: transferring clips to dvd

Virgin

Default transferring clips to dvd

I just got a new computer with dvd-rw burner. I have downloaded several video clips and have saved them to "My Computer"

What is the procedure to transfer them to a dvd so that I can free up the space on my computer.

Thanks Deegee

Indeed there is deegee.

The first question you need to ask yourslef is how do you intend to watch the vids your gonna burn to dvd.......via your pc or your dvd player thats hooked up to your home tv.

via your pc

This methos is relativily simiple. All you need ais a decent cd/dvd authoring package such as Nero, Fireburner, Clone cd/dvd etc....and just load the files into the disk layout....and hit the burn button.

your dvd player thats hooked up to your home tv

This method is a lot more tricky as it involves converting the original files into a specific forma (mpeg2) and then using a dvd authoriung package to make disk menu's, scene selctions and chapters.

The are a number of software packages which help you do this & advise you have to convert your vids into mpeg2...however the best site to visit in my opinion would be www.videohelp.com as they have loads of reviews & guides on the various ways to create your tailored made home dvd's

I hope the above is of some help to you.....

Valenuk1

Default Avi to DivX

I'm trying to convert some of my Avi files to Divx so I can play them on my DVD player. Like a good boy I bought DIVX converter thinking this will do the trick. Unfortunately it only seems to convert about 1 in 3 and any particularly long Avi's I might as well forget it. I downloaded various bits suggested by their site and still no better. Can anyone suggest a converter that changes Avi and FLv files to Divx?? Mant thanks in advance.

Hey Bob,

If your stand alone dvd player is DivX compatible you should be able to burn avi clips to disc and watch them on your TV. "anyvideo converter" "formatfactory" and also "Prism converter" are all programs I have used to convert files.

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.
    My Retro Thread http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=26550

Hi TS,

Thanks for such a prompt reply. I have a panasonic BluRay player which only recognises Divx and MP3. I'll have a look at your suggestions. I tried GSpot which was rather technical, gurgled away for about 20 minutes and had done nothing.
    Thanks again and love your posts.
    All the best
    Bob

safn1949

I have been using format factory lately,I have found that when I convert large files it's better to transfer them to my Toshiba A505 laptop as it's the fastest processor of the 4 computers I have.Otherwise it's can take forever to convert some clips.