Thread: A couple of rather mundane tech questions...

Bobby Coke

Default A couple of rather mundane tech questions...

Howdy,

Just had a couple of little questions that the forum might be able to help me with...

1. Is there a way in Windows Explorer, or a specific program that allows you to see all the files within a folder including it's subfolders?

For example, let's say I have a 'Praise The Load' folder which contains separate folders for PTL1, PTL2 and so on. Is there a way of bypassing these subfolders so that all files show up in one folder and I can click on them?

2. I downloaded a few files recently that have exclamation marks in the file names, but whenever I try to rename a file and type an exclamation mark a little warning dialogue comes up saying that folders can't contain that symbol. How do people manage to name files like that?

Not the most exciting thread I know, but I like to know little things like this.

Thanks in advance.

Not the most exciting thread for sure, but the simple view of your avatar caught my eyes again and almost made me hard (but I think I mentioned this already). Regarding your questions, there are soe ways to list files that are located in different subfolders, but I can't think of anything that would let you executing them. if you wanna do this you might need something like a video library software and use playlists, tag your vids etc... Something like what picasa can do with pictures (I think it works with videos, too, need to check). or itunes perhaps. regarding the exclamation marks, this is weird, especially if you're running windows, as those are allowed in filenames, normaly. how is your drive formated? Fat or ntfs? (yeah I know, this isn't sexy neither...

Bobby Coke

Quote Originally Posted by MonNomestPersonne View Post
    Not the most exciting thread for sure, but the simple view of your avatar caught my eyes again and almost made me hard (but I think I mentioned this already).
    Yeah, you've mentioned that.

You've seen the vid I assume?

http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=38299

you might need something like a video library software and use playlists, tag your vids etc... Something like what picasa can do with pictures (I think it works with videos, too, need to check)
    Video library software is a good one. I couldn't even think of what to search for in Google, so that could be a good starting point to finding a program that does what I'm after. Thanks.

regarding the exclamation marks, this is weird, especially if you're running windows, as those are allowed in filenames, normaly.
    What's really weird is that I just went to rename a file and put an exclamation mark to show you the message that usually comes up when I try it and of course it didn't come up this time and I was able to rename the file whatever I wanted using any symbols.

I swear I couldn't do that before. Pretty weird, but it's a problem solved.

Thanks for the help!

Glad your problem is fixed. Thanks for the link: for some reason I only had the facial on my drive, not the full scene. I just love that pretty face.
    Last edited by alkie; 08-17-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Bobby Coke

Quote Originally Posted by MonNomestPersonne View Post
    Glad your problem is fixed. Thanks for the link: for some reason I only had the facial on my drive, not the full scene. I just love that pretty face.
    Cool. You'll love the full scene, it's a classic.
    Last edited by alkie; 08-17-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Lightbulb

Guys although these photos will be appreciated by the members, please remember that this is really not the place for them, this section is strictly for questions and answers only
    Thanks

Bobby Coke

Default Apologies...

Quote Originally Posted by alkie View Post
    Guys although these photos will be appreciated by the members, please remember that this is really not the place for them, this section is strictly for questions and answers only
    Thanks
    Yeah, sorry. Thought that might be the case. My bad...

Feel free to delete the thread if you want to. I'll post the pics somewhere else on the forum.