Thread: attachment.php

Expert

Default attachment.php

I find that in firefox, when I right click and "Save as" a video file about 90% of the time the file name is attachment.php instead of the file name. What gives?

azriel15

^I am experiencing the same exact issue. Pretty weird. I have found that if I just left click on the download link, it works out, but that is still strange that it needs a "workaround".

I remember that the admins stated that they would be working on the servers today, so maybe there is a correlation there.....

safn1949

Your best bet is to get the add on DownThemAll and use that,then you can start a large or small list of downloads and download them 1 at a time or as many as you want.

The nice thing about it is it saves the download queue forever,basically, so you can download at your leisure.I find if it does the attachment.php thing its a glitch with not being logged in or the server not seeing you as logged in.

Try closing out,clearing your cookies and logging back in.

Expert

Default Not cookies

This is nothing to do with cookies or being logged in. I can right click, save as... and it will say "attachment.php" in the filename. If I go get a coffee and come back 10 minutes later and do the exact same thing on the same file it will fill in the save as file name correctly.

filthycumslut

yeah...downloads are confusing..unless there on your face that is
    good luck!!

Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rachel4fun View Post
    This is nothing to do with cookies or being logged in. I can right click, save as... and it will say "attachment.php" in the filename. If I go get a coffee and come back 10 minutes later and do the exact same thing on the same file it will fill in the save as file name correctly.
    It seems sometimes if you try to d/l more than one item at a time, or have a page loading on one tab and try to do a d/l on another, that seems to trigger the attachment.php name issue. That being said, it is not consistent, and seems to happen all the time for a while, then go away with no apparent difference in what you are doing, or the state of your cookies/cache etc.

We noticed it happened way more when there were server issues being worked on, maybe in November? It seemed to happen all the time then, but has only happened a few times lately.

Just keep trying, or use d/l helper, which is a great program.

Actually, it's because the forum software monitors and manages the downloads. When you click on a link, it goes to attachment.php, updates the download counter, and forwards you to the download file.

Stop right clicking. Just left click and download.