Thread: Viewing D/L Vids from Platinum

Beginner

Default Viewing D/L Vids from Platinum

Alright guys tried searching but to no avail, was just wondering how I can view some vids from Platnum where the file names have been changed to .number (e.g. movie.001). Ive tried changed the extension to avi mpg wmv etc, but nothing seems to work.

apologies if this is an uber noob question, just trying out platnum for 4days so looking to see as much as possible before i decide whether or not to get a longer membership

Cheers

Expert

there is a thread about putting together the movie files. it is a pain in the ass, IMO. i couldn't tell you where it is though :/

when i was platinum it was rather annoying that over half the inventory was formatted that way.
    Last edited by nematode; 01-05-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Beginner

yeah got platinum accout - the 4day one?, just wasnt too sure if there was a specific program you need to merge the files and conver them into a watchable format,

cheers

google HJ Split. Download it. It's free. Then download all the files: .001, .002 etc. Then open HJ Split and enter the .001 file only. (The HJ menu will do this for you once you locate where the .001 file is on your computer.) Click 'join' and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by nematode View Post
    there is a thread about putting together the movie files. it is a pain in the ass, IMO. i couldn't tell you where it is though :/

when i was platinum it was rather annoying that over half the inventory was formatted that way.
    The reason the 'inventory' is formatted that way is because some of these clips are 20 minutes long and cannot be electronically transferred to other servers/computers in such a large form. They must be split down to size. So they are. Then they must be re-joined by the receiver. It's the technology, not the members or moderators, dude!

Bobby Coke

Check out this thread for a guide on how to use HJSplit.

Once you do it a couple of times, you'll see how little effort is involved and how great the program actually is, and just how much stuff there is to get in the platinum section.