Thread: download management of diverse upload sites

Virgin

Post Download management of diverse upload sites

So,
    I've noticed a significant number of annoyances when it comes to viewing & downloading archives on many forums. Since I'm not a platinum member, I haven't seen that here, but it comes down to very irritating delays when you need to fetch even the silliest little archive of pics, like pestering you with that horrific re-captcha (oh how many times do I need to refresh that thing!), after you've already shown that you are a human.

One tool that can help you in those cases after re-captcha is flashgot, an extension for firefox. The latest version has this important section in it's release-notes

Improved oron.com preprocessing for batch direct link downloads (similar FlashGot-supported preprocessed file sharing services are depositfiles.com, fileserve.com, filesonic.com, hotfile.com, megaupload.com, netload.in, rapidshare.com, uploading.com, uploaded.to, ul.to, zshare.com).
    As you can see, it will help you to batch manage those archives better.

I'm sure a platinum member can echo if there are archives posted here on local file-servers or on thirdparty networks where those annoyances can occur.
    Whatever the case may be here, you now have a(nother) valuable tool to help you in the management of downloads on any forum.
    Last edited by remadeus; 02-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Expert

I have no experience with flashgot, but I can tell you that there is no need for that with Platinum content here, as it is all hosted here, no Captchas required.

Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by ernie2003 View Post
    I have no experience with flashgot, but I can tell you that there is no need for that with Platinum content here, as it is all hosted here, no Captchas required.
    Fantastic ernie,

That means that this site's content structure is friendlier than many others, because even the free area is hosted without captchas

Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by remadeus; 02-20-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Virgin

depositfiles/fileserve/filesonic/hotfile/megaupload/netload/rapidshare/uploading/uploaded/zshare
    crazy that more than half of these sites are gone in past couple years. RS isn't what used to be neither, really got hunt for better alternative now.