Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there an all in one DVD maker?

Default Is there an all in one DVD maker?

I've been having a hell of a time burning my video clips on DVD's. I've used both Windows 7 DVD Maker and Nero 9.0 but they each accept only about half of the files. And when they do the DVD player plays back only about half of them. I get messages like no codec available for this video or this video has the wrong resolution. Is there a good solid and reliable software for burning the entire spectrum of video clips on a DVD and do it so it would play back on any standard NTSC DVD player? Any suggestion is much appreciated.
    [COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Verdana"]Victor-E
    [B]Velvet Ecstasy[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Victor,

What is the format of the clips you are trying to burn?
    Do you have the "klite codec" pack?

I use format factory to reformat clips to the way I want them such as "avi to mp4" and so on.

I use the "infrarecorder" if I want to burn something.

Both are freeware and can be found with google.

Let us know some more specifics such as mac or pc and we will try and help.

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.
    My Retro Thread http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=26550

I'm PC and the clips I'm talking about are clips I've downloaded from here and they are all different formats. I downloaded and installed the AC3 filter and the AVI codec and they've helped a little but I'm still unable to burn and view most of the clips on TV. I've tried many different video converters but they either don't work or they diminish the video quality. I wish there was one single DVD burner that could just convert and burn everything all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Victor,

What is the format of the clips you are trying to burn?
    Do you have the "klite codec" pack?

I use format factory to reformat clips to the way I want them such as "avi to mp4" and so on.

I use the "infrarecorder" if I want to burn something.

Both are freeware and can be found with google.

Let us know some more specifics such as mac or pc and we will try and help.
    Last edited by Victor-E; 04-19-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Default Infrarecorder

I just installed Infrarecorder and tried to burn my first disk and got this error message:
    Attached Images Attached Images

the burner is not the problem. every program can burn all types of files. the problem is with your dvd palyer. see which files are supported and if you need convert them.
    and try to burn a data disc instead of a dvd image, that will help (if your tv/ media player can see the files). i use cdburnerXP and winff for video convert. both freeware.

Lightbulb

If they are for your own personal consumption and you have a DVD player that can play DivX files, (most modern players do these days), then why would you want to make a DVD in the first place?

Just covert any files that do not already have the .avi extension to that format, then burn them to disc using any DVD software, ensuring that you chose the option to write the images/data files to disc, rather than DVD.

This will save you a helluva lot of time as no further re-encoding will take place.
    Personally I use FormatFactory to re-encode and ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP for burning all of which are free.
    I also use TMPGEnc XPress for more intricate work, this however is not free, unless you can find it on certain sites
    Last edited by alkie; 04-19-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Well I've been at it for hours and hours now and still no success. I installed FormatFactory and converted the files that wouldn't play to both DivX and Xvid and burned them with all kinds of software including the CDBurnerXP and still can't get any of my DVD players to play half files. I still get the "wrong resolution" error message. All the videos are in AVI and some of them play and some don't. I have a Panasonic Blue Ray DMP-BDT210 and a Philips DVP3560 DVD player, which I was told is the most universal DVD player and would play any format. And it does play some of the AVI files, just not most of them. Any suggestions ould be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by alkie View Post
    If they are for your own personal consumption and you have a DVD player that can play DivX files, (most modern players do these days), then why would you want to make a DVD in the first place?

Just covert any files that do not already have the .avi extension to that format, then burn them to disc using any DVD software, ensuring that you chose the option to write the images/data files to disc, rather than DVD.

This will save you a helluva lot of time as no further re-encoding will take place.
    Personally I use FormatFactory to re-encode and ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP for burning all of which are free.
    I also use TMPGEnc XPress for more intricate work, this however is not free, unless you can find it on certain sites

I am wondering about this as well, it seems the only files I can play on my stand alone dvd player are avi and mpeg. When I say avi I mean some of them, not all of them. I really don't understand why a dvd player isn't made that will play any format including wmv, mp4, and so on.

Really is kind of frustrating

Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.
    My Retro Thread http://www.facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=26550

Virgin

I've had very good luck with DVD Flick. It's handled everything I've thrown at it so far (which isn't much, but more than other programs have done).

(by the way, would this kind of post fall under the "no direct linking" rule, or is that more for direct links to images and stuff?)

wwwdotdvdflickdotnet

The kind of post you just made. No clickable links or "hot links" are allowed. The way to post links is how I just did it here
    Last edited by The Shape; 04-22-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Victor-E View Post
    I just installed Infrarecorder and tried to burn my first disk and got this error message:
    I use DVD Styler which is a very good freeware DVD burner. It can take an AVI or MPG4 file, etc, and burn it to a DVD. It has a good menu design system too.

DVD Flick is good too.

Looking at your error message it seems you are trying to burn a file before converting it to the proper *.VOB files. Try using one of the above to burn your files to dvd that will play on a regular DVD player. Either will create the VOB files and burn it to a DVD disk.

Google "DVDstyler" and "DVD Flick"

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast