Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow download speed

* Verified Member *

Here in the UK for instance i am with BT, now when i get in from work 6pm onwards it is "slower" than normal but once past 10pm its faster, makes sense because most people are going to bed etc. Have you ever thought of this as a factor or even tried downloading at different times of the day?

elgrego

Quote Originally Posted by viruk View Post
    Whether the speed is slow or not I think this post is very telling about the moderators on this site.
    ModeratorS?

What have I done to upset you? I object to sweeping generalisations such as that in your post above.
    Last edited by elgrego; 05-09-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by viruk View Post
    I asked for suggestions how I could solve the problem. Forget it, I won't be paying for another subscription either way. For future reference you might not want to be so rude to your members. I signed up after re discovering the site and immediately you attack me after a tech request...

Whether the speed is slow or not I think this post is very telling about the moderators on this site. I hope next time you get a tech support request you can relax and not take it so personally.
    The moderators in here are among the most hardworking, helpful but most of all FAIR group of people I have ever had the privilege to work with. I am a member of many varying forums so believe me I know what I am talking about.

On occasions they have to put up with a lot of hassle from members and for my mind never get the full credit they deserve.
    This can be a full time job but it is one they perform NOT for any monetary reward but only for the love of it so just remember, without these guys sterling efforts day in and day out you wouldn't have a forum.

You are entitled to your opinion about both staff members and this so called "speed deficiency" but if you make unsubstantiated comments in an open forum, comments that may be viewed as off putting to any potential member then do you honestly expect the staff in here to stand back and not give comment?
    It seems obvious to me that this fault must lie at your end, otherwise we would be inundated with complaints and quite frankly we would haven't survived all these years as our Plantinum members subs are what keep us alive.

I think your reaction to comments made are "more telling" about yourself my friend!!
    Last edited by alkie; 05-10-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Never had a problem with speed - but then my connection is very fast so i guess i am doing fairly well, for the UK. I can usually download a 20mb vid in less than a minute, no problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12