Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting In The Free Section

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

Default Posting In The Free Section

I have spent 3 hours so far going through the free section removing links (this includes hotlinking to fileshare sites) and videos.

the rules are clear, DO NOT POST VIDEOS OR LINKS IN OUR FREE SECTIONS.

ANYONE FOUND DOING SO WILL BE WARNED THEN BANNED.

The lurkers here are killing our bandwidth, and when you link of to fileshare sites that bombard you with pop ups it pisses us off.

I repeat DO NOT POST VIDEOS OR LINKS OF ANY KIND IN THE FREE SECTION.

NOTE TO ALL MODERATORS: ANY HOTLINKS NORMAL LINKS OR VIDEOS PLEASE REMOVE.

FA
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

I will step up and be the first 2 say sorry.....................i should be keeping these issues at bay!!!!!!!!!!as well as the others!!!!no names mentioned!1111........
    but as i speak only for myself!!!!.once again I am sorry.........(we) will help you 2 do a better job!!!!!!!!
    hugs ans stuff!!!!!!!!

cognito

Might I suggest turning off the permissions to all but the Admins?

before i do i think i better ask,is it all right to put links in the general chat section,its not a video link, its a link to a sexshop website

its a topic i want to start about sex toys

cheers

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

no linking in the free section, please read the rules.

fa
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

Beginner

Default Acceptable Formats for Website Info?

Is it OK to post the name of a website without linking to it?

What about something like www(dot)thisisaURL(dot)com? That won't create a link.

What if you turn off "Automatically parse links in text"? Does that make it OK to post something like www.thisisaURL.com?
    Last edited by fhagelin; 10-10-2006 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Added another question.

Expert

Quote Originally Posted by fhagelin View Post
    Is it OK to post the name of a website without linking to it?

What about something like www(dot)thisisaURL(dot)com? That won't create a link.

What if you turn off "Automatically parse links in text"? Does that make it OK to post something like www.thisisaURL.com?

The reason there is no posting of links in the free section is that thats what the Platinum Section is for, i means you have an reason to buy it. There are loads and loads of videos in there and,Trust me, is plenty there for all to enjoy.

In other words direct or indirect links, no matter what format they are displayed will always be an offence.

Thumbs up The simple answer is to stop SPAM...

The main reason for this rule is the we DO NOT and WILL NOT allow the forum to become a dumping ground for any type of SPAM or shameless advertising.

Not all links are SPAM but when we allow people to post links in the Free section, it doesnt take long before we get hammered with all types of SPAM (linked or n o t l i n k e d).

We pride ourselves on trying to keep this forum free of crap and strive to keep it it quick, on topic, high quality and a reliable place to be!

So why are Platinum members allowed to post links in the Platinum section?

Well this is due to it being extremely unlikely a Platinum member would risk their membership over something as shameful as pushing SPAM where as a free member has nothing to loose. Another big reason is that they contribute to the upkeep of the forum so why shouldnt they get some extra features?!?!

In exceptional circumstances we may let something by but this is very rare and is usually done for informational purposes and only if it will benefit the forum and its members as a whole.

We do provide other alternatives for non platinum members, this includes allowing one link to be placed in your profile and also the option to use PMs (private messaging) to pass information to other members - so you cannot say we are not flexible!

Hope this helps to clear things up a little

biGGie.

ban the lurkers!
    Prune those who no posts!

It's kind of a shame what you're going through. Only 40,000 posts with 40,000 members is crazy. That equals roughly 39,500 lurkers who were leeching files and not participating. They do it to me too so I feel your pain. I've only been opened 2 months and I get nailed for 3TB of monthly bandwidth already. I'll probably have to enact similar rules.

I like the site though and I put a couple of links up for some of my facial oriented members to find you.
    Last edited by Eccentricity; 06-11-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast