Thread: Platinum Subscription Cost Increase

Expert

Default Platinum Subscription Cost Increase

I have just got my renewal notice. USD 140 - almost exactly double last year's cost. I don't generally read the admin stuff and maybe I missed some announcement but how come the increase is 100%????!!!! How many of last year's subscribers are paying? Much though I love this site I am wobbling about renewing.

Less than 40 cents a day....it's STILL the best deal out there.

Lightbulb

Sorry that you feel that way goatleaf and I realise that having taken out a yearly subscription that you may have been unaware of the increases over the past twelve months but believe me the cost of keeping this place afloat with the size of a membership that we have makes it increasingly difficult.

We have continual running costs with servers and stuff I won't bore you about but chiefly it is all about bandwith charges, to put it simply, every time something is downloaded from the forum we unfortunately have to pay and if those charges rise then there isn't a lot we can do.

We are constantly looking at ways in which this can be countered but it is difficult to make decisions that might end up becoming detrimental to the site as a whole.
    We do not wish to make sizeable cuts in either the content or even the free section but without our loyal Platinum members support, we may at some latter date have to look again at this and some difficult decisions may have to be made.

Facial forum is as I am sure you know, a non profit making site, all the staff, (including myself and the admin team, donate our time and material for gratis), but without you and the rest of the Platinum membership then we would not have a site at all, it is your subs more than anything that is responsible for us entering our EIGHTH year and for a website with such a narrow nich, this in itself is no mean feat.

So really all I can say mate is mull it over, we really don't wanna lose such a valuable member as yourself, you contribute to this place in so many ways other than just donating, so it would be a great pity to lose you to the free section.

As bayforrest mentioned, we still think we give you plenty "bangs for your bucks"
    Last edited by alkie; 12-30-2012 at 04:39 PM.

I don't know of another site that gives you such a great source of clips and pics. When you consider a lot of sites charge $20 or more a month then it is the best deal around. I've just renewed and really don't even consider any other site membership.

Expert

Default Platinum Subscription Cost Increase

I hear ya - I renewed, of course! I was just a bit taken aback at the time but as you say, a really great site. I hope I didn't sound like a miserable whinger, keep up the good work and keep those matures coming Alkie! Best wishes to all for 2013.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by goatleaf View Post
    I hear ya - I renewed, of course! I was just a bit taken aback at the time but as you say, a really great site. I hope I didn't sound like a miserable whinger, keep up the good work and keep those matures coming Alkie! Best wishes to all for 2013.
    Fantastic news mate
    I am glad that you are still on board and no, your comments did not come over badly at all...

...In any case, there is only room for one "miserable whinger" in here and according to my, (so called ), colleagues, I have already ascended to claim this laudable position!!

I shall now go and look out some more mature clips in your honour my friend, so stay tuned.
    Last edited by alkie; 01-02-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Expert

as i newbie to FF who has been downloading since 1998, i think the price is worth it now more than ever. with high speed connections and larger hard drives, the amount of content is overwhelming. a site like this acts as a living filter that focuses on the content that you/we like. otherwise, it is too time consuming to check everything out. not enough time.

but it also depends on each persons likes and needs, so it is a personal choice.