Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has microsoft given up?

Quote Originally Posted by alkie View Post
    I have not a lotta love for Micro$oft but that statement is taking it a just a bit too far dude!!
    Damn right!

Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by target01 View Post
    linux > then mac os or windows.

We use linux mint for most of our stuff...

Unfortunately for some of the powerful video tools I have to use windows

Use I know you can use wine to run windows stuff...but trying to edit video with it really taxes the system.
    Linux free and keeps away most virus/spam issues without effort, unless you workin for govt then drop MS prods

Linux free and keeps away most virus/spam issues without effort, unless you workin for govt then drop MS prods
    I would but adobe doesn't make some of the tools we need in linux...and the current alternatives for premiere are not very well supported.
    www.ericaschronicles.com

Cum watch me cook a cum omelette,bake a cum cake, brew cum coffee, drink from a cum jar, and take lots of facials!

Virgin

I stick to Mac ..

Quote Originally Posted by target01 View Post
    linux > then mac os or windows. We use linux mint for most of our stuff... Unfortunately for some of the powerful video tools I have to use windows Use I know you can use wine to run windows stuff...but trying to edit video with it really taxes the system.
    You're smart to use Linux. The current state of linux video editing sucks but it'll get better. What's nice is upgrades don't typically suck or break things on linux. Microsoft, not so much. Microsoft would have been wise to implement a repository for their software Would kill a lot of the virus problem from back when but now the attack surface has shifted to browsers.

Edit: by the way target01, LOVE the stuff you shoot on your site.
    Edit 2: Tried Blender yet? It's not just for making 3D visuals. You can edit video with it.

Quote Originally Posted by carlspackler View Post
    I disliked Win 8/8.1 until I used it on a touch based system, if you've never used 8.1 on a touch based interface, once you do you kind of have one of those "oh that's what you were trying to do" moments.
    The problem with putting a design like that on the desktop is, you'd have to have your arms up to use it all the time. Bad idea on a desktop. Poor forethought from them on that.
    Last edited by basedES; 04-10-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12