Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to delete files from the File Upload Manager

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

this is a bit strange, I had fixed it as it was quite annoying, ill look into it and see what I can do.
    also try going to your settings page, top right of the page, then under Miscellaneous, try attachments.

Fa
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

Yes, when I use the "Settings" and "Attachments" links, I can delete attachments that are currently uploaded to a thread or to an album, but my older uploads that I'd already deleted from a thread or album are still available in the attachments manager window [the "home" folder] even though they were publicly deleted months and months earlier. I'm just confused as to why they don't disappear from that window [other versions of vbulletin that I've used/encountered before do delete them permanently].
    Thanks for the attention Facialadmin, I'm just trying to clean house and to permanently delete some of those older pics. Thanks!

I know what you mean, but this is usually down to another plugin, or mod we are using, I just have to find out whats causing the issue, the weird thing is that others are saying it works for them, saying that on win8 and ie 10 its not working properly for me at the mo.

Fa

I don't know if it helps at all, but for comparison's sake I'm running mac os x 10.6.8 and usually use Firefox 25.0.1 but have the same problem with Chrome. Thanks again. Thor

macs are always a problem, they have got better but from a development point of view its always been hard to gain full compatibillity

Expert

i use windows and i have the same problem

ok thanks, im trying to resolve the issue, leave it with me
    just to update those who maybe following this.
    we run scheduled tasks hourly and daily for maintaining the site, now it seems that one is not doing what its supposed to, im still trying to get to the bottom of it, so ill post here when I have it resolved.

fa
    Last edited by facialadmin; 12-09-2013 at 06:04 PM.

ok I think we have resolved the issue now, I have tested it and it works for me, both via the attachment manager and also the settings - miscellaneous - attachments.

please let me know if this has resolved your issue.

Fa

Expert

i still cannot delete my own files from my attachment manager.. but someone else seems to have deleted all but two of my files. this is upsetting as i had private material in my attachment manager and the thought of someone else accessing it makes me uncomfortable..
    Last edited by impact; 12-12-2013 at 05:33 AM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by impact View Post
    i still cannot delete my own files from my attachment manager.. but someone else seems to have deleted all but two of my files. this is upsetting as i had private material in my attachment manager and the thought of someone else accessing it makes me uncomfortable..
    I can assure you no one would access your material, however, if I am reading what you are saying correctly, the attachment manager should only be used as a tool to upload material to the forum and not to archive your personal material.

We will of course look into this and get back to you.
    Last edited by alkie; 12-12-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast