Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All downloads gets the same file name. Please help.

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

this is an ongoing issue with IE, im still on IE 10 and have very little issues, win 8 will try to auto upgrade your IE10 install, you can try to avoid this by going to settings -> about IE and unchecking auto update.

if you have already upgraded then try putting IE in compatibility mode for IE 9, this worked for me when mine was upgraded to 10.

when Vbulletin release an update for fixing IE11 I will of course update it, but the one that they released earlier this month is reporting issues with posting in IE11, so till its stable ill hold off on our upgrade.
    FacialAdmin
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

I appreciate the attention you are giving to this matter. And I hope it gets resolved. Sadly, I have tried Firefox with the same results. I have tried updating every codec I can think of. I have system restored to factory settings. Everything ... and its still the same. hmmm. I'll keep trying I suppose! Thanks ~ Dex

Default P.s.

Oh, to Simon's comment ... I only have this problem here. (Also, I must expose some of my ignorance, but I'm not sure what Ajax and Vbull are.)

elgrego

Quote Originally Posted by DexMandrake View Post
    Oh, to Simon's comment ... I only have this problem here. (Also, I must expose some of my ignorance, but I'm not sure what Ajax and Vbull are.)
    Ajax is a programming language for web applications to communicate with servers.

Vbull .... VBulletin is the software that runs this forum and lots of others all across the web.

Firefox 26.0 and Windows 7 is working fine for me now with a selection of random videos (split and not split) from around the forum. I am afraid one of the technical wizards will have to help.
    Last edited by elgrego; 12-18-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Default Solution

I too have had the same issue. I just figured out how to make it work.

1. Highlight the title of the vid including .mpeg or .whatever movie version
    2. Hit copy
    3. Go back to the vid
    4. Scroll over and hit right click which highlights the attachment.whatever
    5. Hit paste over item 4 above - deleting the attachment.whatever and putting in the real title, including the .avi
    6. Hit save as and it will download and save as before.

Hope this helps.

Lightbulb

Or and this is purely a guess on my part as I am running FF and am having no problems.

Once you have downloaded a clip from here, (in this instance call it FF Cum 01.wmv), and you are left with a file that is just called "attachment", try renaming the downloaded file to FF Cum 01.wmv and see if this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12