Thread: MP4s Juddering

Default MP4s Juddering

Has anybody else found that a number of MP4s suffer from juddering, i.e the movie plays in a series of jerks rather than smoothly? I'm finding this with quite of few of these files.

Any suggestions what I can do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by winstanley View Post
    Has anybody else found that a number of MP4s suffer from juddering, i.e the movie plays in a series of jerks rather than smoothly? I'm finding this with quite of few of these files.

Any suggestions what I can do about it?
    What player are you using?
    Piper
    Cum join GloryholePrincess.com and get off to my 22,000+ pics and 600+ videos.

This happens to me a lot using Quicktime on Mac. I've switched to MPlayerX. they're perfectly smooth there. No idea what the problem is. some files do. some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryholeprincess View Post
    What player are you using?
    Piper
    VLC, Piper.

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

well vlc should be ok, there are better one out there, I use it, and I have not upgraded it for ages as I find sometimes when you upgrade a bit of software, it ends up worse, so all the time its working I leave it, do you think the problem is in general or only on a few files, does it flicker all the time in the same places, Im asking because ive had situations where music files judder, I restart the app and it does not, this tells me its the environment not the app or file, sometimes your pc/devices is just running too many processes.

id be interested if viewing the same file on a different device had the same result.
    Fa
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

Expert

Default Changing the file format helped me

A while back I had one downloaded file which wasn't an mp4 and juddered in VLC. I used Format Factory to convert it to mp4 and it then played smoothly. If I scratched my head at all the online glitches I run across I'd be bald by now

this is almost ALWAYS caused by your computer or the player not being fast enough to handle the codec.

Most HD videos in MP4 containers are H.264 high profile unless you have a good i7 OR a video card that supports hardware playback of H.254 encoded video coupled with a player that can utilize this hardware playback you will get exactly what you are seeing.

The easiest cure ...get a new video card even inexpensive ones (less than 50 bucks) can do this these days

Expert

Just an FYI, for anyone who hasn't seen it... VLC is now out on Android. It works great!

Quote Originally Posted by CumInMyMouth View Post
    Just an FYI, for anyone who hasn't seen it... VLC is now out on Android. It works great!
    MX Player I think it is, is probably the most versatile video player on Android and worth the purchase. They have modules for their core player that optimize it for various CPUs.

Edit:

Turn off hardware rendering in VLC, and see if that doesn't fix it. Otherwise, new vid card. Is your hard disk being accessed a lot while playing video? What's it rotation speed?
    Last edited by basedES; 04-10-2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Forgot one thing