Thread: Whats better than Win Movie Maker for clips?

Expert

Default Whats better than Win Movie Maker for clips?

Hi
    Maybe someone has some advice for me.

I use Windows Movie Maker (WMM) to chop large dvix/avi files into just the "good parts". Sometimes editting/chopping 3-10 scenes together out of a longer scene, and then writing out that new file.
    I don't bother with fades or edits or anything fancy; just pulling our and splicing together chunks of the movie.
    WMM is mostly great for this... BUT
    It crashes all the time!
    Does anyone know of a better, but still quick and simple video editor that could replace WMM???

Many thanks for any suggestions
    s19

I use AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Splitter from Boilsoft.com. It makes it very easy to cut the clips up how you need to and there is a nice option where you can cut it into x number of parts automatically so you can get each part under 20 mb to post here, let me know if you have any questions.

Expert

Default yes

Quote Originally Posted by Vladmyr
    I use AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Splitter from Boilsoft.com. It makes it very easy to cut the clips up how you need to and there is a nice option where you can cut it into x number of parts automatically so you can get each part under 20 mb to post here, let me know if you have any questions.
    I have used that too, but the trial ran out, it worked great the best i have seen (thanks to riceking for the tip) I was wondering if this can be purchased at best buy or something like that. I don't really want to buy it on the internet and have it shipped.

thanks

Expert

Thanks. I've tried this product before, and it does nicely cut out chunks.

But what I enjoy about WMM, is that I can zip thru a 30 minute clip, identify 5 one minute clips, and then write a merged 5 minute movie of the good parts.

I'm looking for that same ease of use, in a visual form, that doesn't BLOW up every 10 minutes!

Thanks
    s19