I haven't posted yet, although I've been a member for a couple of months.

As a Linux user, I am used to having the usual troubles with video editors, as the selection for this platform is a bit on the lackluster side. I have frequently used Kdenlive, and used it to make a very large facial compilation (64 clips, at 1080p, and 3.1GB total size), but this program is riddled with problems. It has a maddening tendency to crash, and its performance leaves a lot to be desired, especially with multithreading. If more than 1 thread is used for playback, the program becomes unstable and difficult to work with. Unfortunately, using 1 thread (and my Ryzen 7 2700X can process 16 at once) makes for lousy performance, especially with transitions and effects. Overall the program is functional, more or less, but needs a lot of work, even after years in development. Unfortunately, from what I have discovered, the problem lies with it using the MLT framework system, which is old and buggy.

In any case I have discovered a new video editor and I have abandoned using Kdenlive in favor of it. The open-source, free Olive video editor in Alpha stage right now, but the team is making rapid progress and it's quite a sophisticated program, and is intended to be a professional level editor to compete with the major commercial applications. This would be a huge deal for Linux users, as there isn't much available thatisn't based on MLT.
OpenShot and ShotCut are also based on MLT and have the same problems, as to be expected. This Olive Video Editor is impressive for Alpha program, and shows a lot of promise.

For those doing your own edits and compilations, especially on Linux, this is worth checking out.

Apparently direct links are forbidden here (I don't know if this applies to informational posts like this), but a quick Google or Bing will work. Look for "Olive - Professional Open-Source Video Editor", it's the first thing that turns up.