Thread: Big problem in firefox...

Default Big problem in firefox...

I have the newest version of firefox installed and having a problem with the thumbnails on this site.

I am unable to see ANY thumbnails at all for the uploaded photos. I see the banners and adds but no thumbs of the pics the members posted!

Can someone help??

I have Firefox and have tested the site without a problem, Let me know the version you are using please
    Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by wicked
    I have Firefox and have tested the site without a problem, Let me know the version you are using please
    I am usind version 1.5.0.6 with some pluggins (fasterfox, ie tab, stumble upon, down them all, tab mix plus and reveal)

This is about the only site that I have problems with... I also have ZoneAlarm pro firewall but all setings are ok since I have no probs with other sites

Hope this helps...

Virgin

Assuming he's correct and he is using the latest version, this would be 1.5.0.6-- I am having no problems. I'm on a Mac (same version of FF though)

Edit: Maybe your firewall doesn't play nicely with vBulletin attachments...

I've the latest version of Firefox, and I can see the thumbnails and pics with no problems.

I do have one bug with Firefox though......
    Whenever you are on a site with a lot of pics, and try to click on pic after pic, the browser seems to crash or it says "Firefox needs to close for maintenance", and the Mozilla Agent bug report comes out, and the browser closes. You don't have that problem with IE. Even though IE is a crappy browser (.....does anybody have the newest IE 7 browser, and how is it?) and have been known to have problems like bad scripts, viruses, and Active X problems, IE can take any kind of abuse you can give it. You can look at photo sites without crashing, and it has always been stable as a rock. But I still love using Firefox, and waiting for Firefox 2 to come out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ismith
    Assuming he's correct and he is using the latest version, this would be 1.5.0.6-- I am having no problems. I'm on a Mac (same version of FF though)

Edit: Maybe your firewall doesn't play nicely with vBulletin attachments...
    What could I change in my firewall configuration to make it easier then... For my knowledge everything is ok with it and its not blocking anything...

Now I REALLY dont get it

Virgin

@wifeuser: IE7 is pure shit. But it is better than IE6. They added RSS and new bugs, and fixed some old ones. It's still not standards compliant though.

@sinaster: Make sure there's no ad blocker on, that could pick up the thumbnails... also in Firefox play around in the security settings. I think the fastest way would be to delete Firefox from your HD (but save the cookies and bookmark files) and redoqnload Firefox. I remember back when I had Earthlink they had a program that blocked images from third party domains. I can't really think straight as I did not go to sleep last night.

@sinaster: Make sure there's no ad blocker on, that could pick up the thumbnails... also in Firefox play around in the security settings. I think the fastest way would be to delete Firefox from your HD (but save the cookies and bookmark files) and redoqnload Firefox. I remember back when I had Earthlink they had a program that blocked images from third party domains. I can't really think straight as I did not go to sleep last night.[/QUOTE]

Problem solved... It was not firefox at all but my firewall

An add blocking setting that blocks out EVERY thumbnails not very bright to do this!

THANKS to all who helped out!

excellent glad to hear you got it worked out and very glad it wasn't Firefox as that's the only browser I use!