Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Bought a Mac

more help needed

is there any screen capture program available such as snagit to make previews pics of movies

and here is a silly question but if i am saving pictures from the internet what is the best way? at the moment i am draging the pic into iphoto to import them is this the only way?

thanks for your help so far, i am now viewing vids ok

Messy

congrats on joining the good side, I use both Macs and PCs everday and am much happier w/my Mac and way less hassle etc.... Been waiting to buy a new intel mac now you can run windows on them so don't need to have both anymore.

Anyways, there's no reason to import pics into iphoto just right click (or ctrl left click) and save as (spend the $30 on a 2-4 button usb mouse and it'll work just fine) or you can drag and drop into a folder if you want and I agree Azereus is definitely the way to go for p2p stuff. REally the only way IMHO I don't know why anyone would bother using anything else! Just find some good torrent sites and have fun!

The only thing I've found you're going to have issues with is DRM .wmv files if you have a subscribtion to a site with DRM (you don't want that crap anyways)

cheers and thanks for the info vlady
    i got the twin intel 17inch macbook and was thinking about running both mac and windows on it but as i have never used mac before i thought i may leave it as it is, if i get used to it.
    so far so good ( wth the advice from you guys that is)

cheers and thanks for the help

Messy

Try MLDONKEY. It's the edonkey 2000 client for macOS (cross platform). Although Edonkey network is not the fastest one, it has a big plus. The retention rate of the files is much bigger than bittorent. YOu will be able to find on emule/mldonkey very rare files which cannot be found anywhere else.

You only need 2 things when connecting to ed2k:
    1. Patience, it is quite slow and you need to dl at least 20 files once in the queue.
    2. Let the mac be online 24/7.

[QUOTE=messy;52845]more help needed

is there any screen capture program available such as snagit to make previews pics of movies

No need for any addition app. Screen cap ability is built into the OS. Simply
    get whatever you want up onscreen. Then bring up "Finder" by clicking out on desktop. Then "Apple+Shift+3" for fullscreen cap or "Apple+shift+4" gives a crosshair, drag and release to cap only a portion of the screen.

File will appear on desktop as Picture1.pdf, change that to a .jpg by opening in "Preview" and export as jpg.

It may sound cumbersome but it goes quite smoothly once you get the sequence down.

one thing i am trying to do and don't now how is edit pictures
    i have some pics that i want to censor eyes and can't find how to draw or place a pixel block on
    any ideas?

thanks for all your advice so far guys

Iam a mac convertee for sure

Messy

Get yourself Graphicconverter - available from lemkesoft.de. Great programme and very cheap for its features.

As to saving pics from the internet, it depends on which browser you're using - in Firefox just ctrl-click in the image and you can save to whatever directory you want. Yes, you can use iPhoto but you can't edit much. As I said earlier use Graphicconverter.

As to screencaps, use Grab which is in your utilities.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12