Thread: Getting Movies from Usenet

Default Getting Movies from Usenet

I have a question, that I hope some of you that get movie clips that can answer.

I usually get some of movies from Usenet (I use a premium server), and they are usually AVI's. I usually use Virtualdub to edit, cut the scene, and/or recompress to a manageable size for posting. The only problem is that the audio is always out of sync, before I start. (I get a warning that the audio is a few milliseconds of skew, and do I want to proceed. If I do, the audio won't be in sync with the video.) How do I get the audio in snyc, or what is the best way to do it? I usually split the audio into a WAV file, and then I can reencode by using TMPGEnc (I use that process to make clips for DVD's), but what is the process to do whan I am trying to keep the clip an AVI (which I can compress for a smaller size, without losing video quality)?

I hope that someone can help me out with this one.

Thanks

Virgin

I realize this doesn't answer your question at all, but coming from the other end, it's very common to DL a movie where the sound is out of sync.

Which is where mplayer comes in. You can nudge the audio stream forwards or backwards in time as the movie is playing. Not really a solution, but a good enouogh workaround for me.