Thread: Where's my Thread?

Default Where's my Thread?

What happened to my "Modelling to Make Men Masterbate" thread? It was one of the most popular threads on the forum. I hope it wasn't considered too much like a "fake" thread and eliminated. Please let me know what is up with it. Thank you.

Honorary life Platinum member Lespaulstratboogie's Avatar

was wondering about threads also,till I saw the anouncement sticky about missing threads.Its above to see.Says things are temporary till data or harddrive changes.

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lespaulstratboogie View Post
    was wondering about threads also,till I saw the anouncement sticky about missing threads.Its above to see.Says things are temporary till data or harddrive changes.

hi, we did a prune a couple of days ago, as usual we try to save any special threads, but we cant guarentee this any more as the free section is getting to big.

the way to make sure your stuff is not pruned is put it in the plat section.

Im sorry if some stuff got pruned that you would rather had kept, but its getting more and more difficuly to assess what needs keeping in the free section.

FA
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

Exclamation And my thread ?

I do miss my "Spanky" thread in the platinum amateur pix session. I post a new serie last friday in it. But now it is gone. Any clue what happen ? Is it possible to restore this thread ? I used to be posting in this , but posting in disapearing thread is no fun.

Hope somebody can help ?

Hi

Are you planning to bring back those threads? or are they gone for good. I have been searching looking for threads I like seeing but the threads just dissapear and wonder if they will come back????

mike55

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

the point about the prune is, thats exactly what it is, we prune it because it gets too big.

we only prune selectively, eg posted over 60 days ago, and not posted on in 21 days, and we only prune the free section.

so, those that are gone are gone and we cant get them back.

FA
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

I understand the prune action. But my spanky thread was in the platinum section, amateur pix. And I post last week a serie in it. Not matching any prune criteria I think. But the thread is gone. And Spanky is my fav cumgirl, so I like this thread. Can u explain why this one is gone ? I dislike to post in disapering threads, hope u can understand.

Seems nobody can help me Maybe it's better not to post anymore, if my threads disappear like this

Lightbulb Gone but not forgotten

The problem we have is that we do not have limitless storage space in order to become a shrine or facial archive.

The only people who can afford to do this are the likes of Archive.org who have mega money backing from Google (one of the richest companies in the world) and even they cant keep up with how much information is on the internet so how could we?

It would be cool if we could . Google, throw us some of your spare money LOL

Surely you must see how busy things get around here to know that if we kept everything that was posted then the forum would be full to bursting point. Things would slow down, the cost to run would become impossible and the forum would stop working, we dont want that do we?

We try our best to keep as much as possible but unfortunately some of the "prune" process is automatic (its impossible to do it all manually) and cannot be as finely tuned as we would like it to be. Occasionally the odd few posts that havent been touched in a while slip by and get removed, even though they are quality. You cant teach a computer to understand quality easily and unfortunately we are limited by the features provided by the forum software.

In a perfect world this would not happen but hey we are not perfect, but we try our best with what we've got!

I've lost a lot a few of my posts as part of the process, one was a record of posts I've made over the time I have been here (at a guess LPSB and other members are missing things too), this is stuff that is not that easy to re-post, so I know how you feel.

Its just one of those things...

I plan to make a start and re-post mine soon.

Dont take this the wrong way, but why not rise to the challange and do the same? I for one would love to see the thread rise from the ashes

All the best,
    biGGie

Ty biGGie for u clear and patient answer.
    I was disappointed the thread was lost, and nobody could tell what happen. Now I can understand it, and had to deal with it
    And maybe I will do the same, and start over the thread. Wonder it will reach more than 20.000 views again