Thread: Problems with AVI's and WMV's

Platinum member

Default Problems with AVI's and WMV's

Hi,
    Firstly, hello to everyone and apologies for a question that may have been asked before!
    I cannot view AVI's or WMV''s for some reason so have down loaded windows media player 10, the latest real player and vlc media player and also the winamp player but still cannot view any of them!
    I'm not eacatly computer literate and can play most files except these, can anyone please help usning VERY basic computer speak if possible
    Many thanks in advance.

Sounds like youve got a codec problem...codec's are decoders which allow avi's and wmv's to be watched in windows media player

The easiest solution i can suggest is to follow the link below and download the codec pack, from the downloads section.

http://nimo.titanesk.com/

The codec pack is a collection of lots of different audio and video codecs and directshow filters that are used to play various types of avi files including DivX in windows media player.

I used this tool some time back...and it resolved the codec issues i was having.

Please make sure you read their faq section for more guidance.

I hope the above is of some help.

Valenuk1

Platinum member

OK, cheers I will give it a go!
    Mongol

Expert

Unhappy prob

yeah....i have the same trouble....alot of trouble also trying to download the required player !...i use real player.