Thread: How to 'rep' other members repeatedly, without the forum preventing you to do so

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    azriel15

Default How to 'rep' other members repeatedly, without the forum preventing you to do so

I did not confer with the mods before I posted here....

That stated, I have figured out a method that will work with sending 'rep' to fellow members here-as many times as you wish to (within a certain amount per-day).

I have seen many members write to me that they cannot rep me, because the forum will not let them do so.

The Forum here does have a restriction, but it is not based on time, per se. The restriction is based on spreading rep to other members. You cannot just send rep to a member eternally, unless you spread your rep around to others.

For an example....I will choose a very popular thread here, 'great facials' by member x

If you were to send member x rep for one of his posts in this thread-your rep would be received, and he would know that you liked the post (and it should be mentioned that it is always a great idea to actually post a comment regarding the clip that you appreciated in that thread, so that all of the members can see that you gave your approval. It helps keep the good posters to continue posting, as well as casual viewers to see that you liked the good post!).

Alright.

So here is the 'trick'.

If you wanted to rep member x again for one of his posts in the 'great facials' thread, right after you just sent him rep-it is very easy.

Just look' around the Forum....and find a couple of other posts that you like, and then send rep to the posters of those posts that you like.

You only need to do this 3 (Three) times. Once you send rep to three other members for their nice posts that they have uploaded, you can then turn around, and go back to the 'great facials' thread (for the purpose of this example) and send rep to member x for his post that you were originally looking to send him rep for.

This works for every member, mod or admin

The 'rep' system will eventually cut you off (I do not know what number of reps it will cut you off at). However, this technique will allow you to send rep to the same member for multiple posts (and not the same post) from any member here at FF.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by elgrego; 04-21-2012 at 09:26 AM.