Thread: How to move through huge threads quickly (Tutorial)

casvdry

Exclamation How to move through huge threads quickly (Tutorial)

Okay, first off. If you don't use Firefox or you're not comfortable with installing addons then skip by this thread.

With that out of the way I am going to direct you here to install the GreaseMonkey firefox Addon:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

Please install that. After doing this and restarting Firefox, head on over to:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9848

In your upper right you're going to see an "Install This Script" link. Click that and you'll be prompted with a new Window for GreaseMonkey which lets you know it's about to install this script.

After doing this. Browse in Firefox to: Tools > Greasemonkey > Manage User Scripts. In the new window that pops up click Auto Forum Pager and off to your right you'll see an Add button, click it. Add this line exactly:

http://facialforum.net/showthread.php?t=*

After doing this, hit okay/yes to close out all prompts. Now, when you view threads on FacialForum.net and you scroll down to the bottom of the thread it automatically affixes the next page to the bottom and you can keep scrolling down.

Hope this helps you out.

This is AWESOME! Thanks!

I've found a different script called Pagerization that works with google and any other website that has many pages! This is so useful!

Here's an even easier way....Go to the User CP, select Thread Display Options, then scroll down to Thread Display Mode and select Linear- Newest First.
    This way when you view a thread you will only have to scroll down to view the newest posts.
    Hope this helps.

casvdry

That's good for keeping up to date on threads. For some of the superthreads of the type that laj posts, this addon/script is invaluable.

Thanks for the very helpful tips and clear explanation. Glad I use Firefox, so many times better than IE.

I dug out this thread because the Greasemonkey scripts weren't cutting it.

The best add-on to date is the Autopager available at

https:// addons. mozilla. org/en-US/firefox/addon/4925

This add-on works really really great. When it comes across a new site, it checks online to see if someone has already uploaded an autopager script for it and gets it. And, its really easy to make a new autopager script.

Thanks guys, very useful

However, I always get pissed off when I accidently close the thread or click a link and get directed away from it. I've found the freeze function on the Tabmix extension really useful for that.