Thread: Query re large price jump in platinum membership cost

Unhappy Query re large price jump in platinum membership cost

Hi guys,

Today marks five years of membership exactly. Three of which have been platinum.

I am just wondering why there has been such a large jump in the price of the platinum membership. I last renewed mine on 19th October last year and it cost me $67 AUS for a year. I did not renew it straight away this year as we had a mountain of bills.

I have gone into renew it now, and am absolutely staggered to see $140 US for a year, which is roughly the same in Aussie dollars.

I have to say I am shocked and a little disappointed in the twofold increase in the price of membership, and I am fairly certain I cannot justify to either myself or the minister of war and peace paying that much for a niche fetish.

I really appreciate the work, time and effort that the moderators, posters and members spend here to make this a great site, however I have to draw the line somewhere.

boo

Kylastra
    Last edited by kylastra; 11-23-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Hi Kylastra,

I can appreciate why you are so disappointed with the increase in prices but saying that we were faced with a difficult decision. Our hosting and bandwidth charges have more than doubled in the last couple of years, mainly due to the popularity of this website. We had to increase our prices to cover these costs or the alternative would be closing the site down.

All the developers, admins and moderators here, work very hard on a voluntary basis and we all do it for the love and not as a money making exercise. I hope you will consider upgrading your account as we rely on members like you to keep going. If not, I wish you well and please continue to enjoy the free section.

Wicked
    Not a PLATINUM MEMBER yet? Click HERE to join.