Thread: Mac users please reply!

Default Mac users please reply!

What's up with HJ files? I tried using MacHacha to rejoin the files, but when I drop them in it says they're not compressed, and cannot see a reason to decompress them. And other times it will decompress a file and save to the desktop as a movie, but will not open. The quicktime message is "file cannot be opened". So I try changing the suffix from .avi to .mov or .mpg or even .wmv but nothing. Any other Mac users having similar difficulties/have any quick fixes?
    Thanks

Virgin

Default Try this.

All the files to be joined must end in .001, .002, .003, etc. If they end in ".mpg", delete that portion of the file name. Use Command i (get info), if your Mac won't let you delete that extension (This happens to me on .002 files only) and rename the file without the ".mpg" tag.

Then, go to the MacHacha File drop down menu and select Alphajoin. Select the first file to be joined. You Mac will say "I will use this file to join all the other files" (or something like that). Hit okay and your Mac will create a new file combining all the numbered files with the the same name.

You can delete the HJ files as long as the new file works.

It's actually not difficult. Good luck!

Your suggestions worked, thanks! I had the exact same experience with file extensions ".002" also. For some reason I cannot rename them on the desktop. But after fixing them and dropping them in machacha they did play for me. Thanks again.