Thread: playing hj files

Virgin

Default playing hj files

how do i do this . Windows player wont play them ?

You need to combine them.

This is what happens on my machine;

If I download a file called, for example, greatfacial.wmv.001, it's automatically renamed greatfacial.wmv.mpeg - which is obviously wrong. Just make sure you rename it when you get the download requester and that'll make it a lot easier to keep track of the different segments.

When you've got them all downloaded (.001, 002, 003 etc.) you need to combine them with either HJSplit or another program I use called 7Zip. Load up the first numbered file and 'extract' it, you should get a single file called greatfacial.wmv (or whatever it was called).

The system would work a lot better if the forum didn't rename the segments to .mpeg as I mentioned above, no such wonder so many people seem to have problems downloading split files...

ormingstoke

Quote Originally Posted by Gives_Girls_Facials View Post
    The system would work a lot better if the forum didn't rename the segments to .mpeg as I mentioned above, no such wonder so many people seem to have problems downloading split files...
    How many people have had this problem? I've seen it mentioned a few times but whenever I download a file that's been split with HJsplit it retains the 001, 002 etc... attachment.

Platinum member

It's because under the filename box in the dl window is another box "save as type" This needs to be "all files" for HJ NOT "movie files" else windows adds .mpg after the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Teltoy View Post
    It's because under the filename box in the dl window is another box "save as type" This needs to be "all files" for HJ NOT "movie files" else windows adds .mpg after the name.
    Yup.

It's set to save as a movie type not "All Files".

I imagine this is even more of a sod for people who have the file suffixes hidden; which is still the default in Windows, isn't it?

Expert

Default me to

Im not very tech smart. I can't play HJ vids and dont understand the fix.To bad for me I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by doornob View Post
    Im not very tech smart. I can't play HJ vids and dont understand the fix.To bad for me I guess.
    You need to use hj-split or 7zip to combine them, there's a few other threads in the tech section that explain it.