Thread: great idea!!!

Default great idea!!!

ive had a great idea. many websites use torrents for larger files. the individual websites only host the tracker for the actual file. considering the large videos and massive galleries on this website, torrents may be the way to go from now on. im not sure if this idea has been brought up or not, but will the admins and moderators be willing to entertain this idea? im pretty sure you can modify the trackers to only allow ff users to have access to the torrents. i would like everyones input on this idea, so if you are familiar with torrents, please add your two cents.

I was going to suggest this, actually, as an alternative to the bloody painful file upload sites. It'd save FF a few bob on bandwidth, too...

Default exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Gives_Girls_Facials View Post
    I was going to suggest this, actually, as an alternative to the bloody painful file upload sites. It'd save FF a few bob on bandwidth, too...
    everyone would be better off i believe. no more 20mb split clips, no more time consuming uploads, no more server strain. i dont think we should completely kill the upload process for picd and small clips, but larger movies would definitely be on torrents. i think its a win win situation. there are drawbacks though, and thatts why i encourage members that know more about them to come forward and speak.

Well, the #1 problem I can see being that torrents need to be seeded, I wonder if this would still be possible from the FF server?

I'm sure a good proportion of members would be willing to seed past a 1:1 ratio too, so that would help.

Frankly, in a lot of ways it's better than pruning threads since their large video attachments were taking up too much space.

casvdry

I just posted in another thread about this . It is a wonderful idea and would push for community involvement that much more. Tit for Tat. A lot of people just want to hit and run, that is pretty lame IMHO even if you are paying. Give back SOMETHING. I am sure there are plenty of paying subscribers who do not even have 1 post. Prune those SOB's AND let us not forget, it is a little harder to pursue those (People who own the server) if they don't actually HOST the files. I say go for it fa and english. Keep the promotional videos that you can freely download from these sites and small videos and pictures on the forum.
    Last edited by casvdry; 07-20-2007 at 08:01 PM.

Default Still Confused

Question Still Confused

This whole torrent thing really has me confused but hey I still have to dial my phone.

First off I think that's an excellent idea, but speaking from experience I don't really think it would work here.

First of I don't think we really have enough "active" members to support a full on torrent community supported here, 99% of the members here are leechers (not a slam or anything that's just the way it is) not to mention the cost of setting up a torrent tracker (we'd need another database server at least). In addition torrent sites/trackers are regularly getting shut down, I don't think it would be worth the risk, we've got a nice little community here I'd hate to see go away.

For those that don't know this is already about the 3rd or 4th incarnation of this site over the last several years and we've been through tons of trouble and had to shut down several times. (mostly at a different domain, but the remnants of those people are what started this site)

Not to mention there's already tons of really good torrent tracker sites out there with tons of facial/bukkake content.

If you wanted to share a torrent you could always just upload the torrent to something like megaupload and post a link! Just make sure its from a public tracker so everyone can share!

Feel free to PM me if you need any help w/your torrents or anything