Thread: can not play all movies ? help

Virgin

Default can not play all movies ? help

can only play some avi no picture on most, anthing with hj in front will not play for me i have windows media player 11.
    i am missing out of so much please help stang

Default Feelin' your pain

I can't seem to play anything but WMV files. Every time I try to download AVI, it says that my Quicktime Player does not have the right components. And HJ Split? Forget about it. Even if I download it from the suggested website it's confusing to operate.

When I look up directions on this forum, the advise seems simple and straight forward, but I think it's because I don't understand something conceptually about these things that I can't correct my confusion.

allright guys,

Don't worry, someone smarter than me is bound to come along soon and let you know what you need. First of all I think you need a universal codec that can play anything.

Second, HJ split can be tricky at first, but once you figure it out it's second nature. You will want to learn hj to get the most out of the platinum section.

Once you have downloaded hj, keep a shortcut of it on your desktop, I also recommend downloading clips to your desktop. For each file that someone puts up in hj you simply need to look at the number sequence for example the first clip you download you will need to add ".001" to it and then save it as "all files" continue on with the second clip, add ".002" and keep going until all files are downloaded. Then take the first clip, drag it to the HJ icon then the box will come up. Select "join" and then select the input file which you just moved into the HJ icon (you will see the file as soon as you select input file) highlight it then press join, HJ will then join all parts of the movie as long as they are all on your desktop, (or folder if you choose) if you numbered the individual clips correctly and chose the "save as all files" option, you will have joined your movie.

Try to find a post with only 2 parts in hj split and practice. Once you get that down you can download multiple files and join them.

Hope this helped as I am not the best at explaining technical things.

Shape

Expert

Stang i' gonna assume you know that hj files need to be oined before playing, so you need to download all the files so they look like "vid.avi.001" "vid.avi.002" "vid.avi.003" etc... and then join them all to make one big file.. i use hj join, it's alot easier then the full hj split.. bit of info here....

secondly make sure you have te DivX codec from DivX.com, as almost al avi's are now in this codec...

see how this goes..

Virgin

Default tried to join did notwork???????/

more help needed found joiner wood not let my join untill i slit fill then join would would let me join fill but was still not able to play fill is it the plaeyer ? or just me please any more help ? maybr step by step for dummies ha please

Quote Originally Posted by stang View Post
    more help needed found joiner wood not let my join untill i slit fill then join would would let me join fill but was still not able to play fill is it the plaeyer ? or just me please any more help ? maybr step by step for dummies ha please
    Hey Stang, not 100% sure what your issues is but I'll try to help in order to play the split files .001, .002 eetc... you need to have all the pieces for the file in the same folder then run the joiner and it will combine all the .001, .002, .003 etc.. into one main file. Once you have that main file it should be like .avi, .wmv, .mpg or something similar then you just need to play the movie in your movie player.

Are you on a mac? You shouldn't need quicktime player for anything other than .mov, you should be using something like mplayer or vlc or basplayer to play the files, let me know if that helps.