Thread: pic's size

Default pic's size

my uploaded pics were resized, why ?

Expert

The new forum addon will resize a pic to be displayed fully in the popup window, but can be left clicked to load it fully in a new window or tab of ie/firefox....

Does this have anything do do with the annoying "black box" effect? Next question: Why?
    If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Expert

i can imagine that most people here don't need to see full hirez images unless they are downloading them, thus the black box allows you to see the whole image with minimal hassle. i never got tired of hi-rez images taking up my screen because i could use firefox to minimise them down to window size, other may not be able to do this, allowing them only to scroll through images much bigger then necessary... this acts as a best of both worlds solution.

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    i can imagine that most people here don't need to see full hirez images unless they are downloading them, thus the black box allows you to see the whole image with minimal hassle. i never got tired of hi-rez images taking up my screen because i could use firefox to minimise them down to window size, other may not be able to do this, allowing them only to scroll through images much bigger then necessary... this acts as a best of both worlds solution.
    I don't really know what your talking about. I never had a problem to begin with. You click the pic, it opens up at the resolution it was when it was originally uploaded. Now, I have to click twice, and half of them don't open at all, like a dead link. The only way to get it to work is to 'open in new tab' which is an additional step and a complete pain in the ass.

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

ok from your point of view, its a pain in the ass, if your one of 300 members downloading images at any one time, its a pain in the server....

ive spent too many hours viewing full size images only to be disapointed.

this works, and unless it has a nasty efect on server load, it will stay.

FA
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

Quote Originally Posted by facialadmin View Post
    ok from your point of view, its a pain in the ass, if your one of 300 members downloading images at any one time, its a pain in the server....

ive spent too many hours viewing full size images only to be disapointed.

this works, and unless it has a nasty efect on server load, it will stay.

FA
    I would appreciate possibility to check resolution before second click Iam fan of high resolution pics, and some small just aint fun for me. While u clik first time u got file name, and date, cant there be resolution as well ?? Or on the thumbnails on forum.

BTW I just wanted to add ypu are doing fantastic job !!

He Who Kicks The Server facialadmin's Avatar

ill look into it, and thanx for the comment..

FA
    Find out how to become a FF Platinum member

Quote Originally Posted by facialadmin View Post
    ill look into it, and thanx for the comment..

FA
    I see it has been already added, many thanks for this !!!!!

K.

EDIT:
    It was added, but now its gone ;(
    Last edited by Kermi; 05-06-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Sory for writing one post over another, but I feel this can be quite important.
    As old method of picture opening is back, I ask if its possible, to add picture resolution info?
    Perhaps, when u mouse over thumbnail, when u get various informations like pic name, sice, ect u can have picture resolution as well.
    Im so pissed when I see nice thumbnail than open it, and it appears pic is 300x150.