Thread: multiple extensions (like mpeg.avi or others) won t play!

Beginner

Default multiple extensions (like mpeg.avi or others) won t play!

hi, i can t understand why but all files ending for example by .wmv will be played by my video player but those with multiple extensions like mpeg.avi for instance won t play, i tried changing the extension before or after downloading but nothing, someone can help? please!:'( (i use windeows media player real media player, vlc etc but nothing!)

Quote Originally Posted by gaeljet View Post
    hi, i can t understand why but all files ending for example by .wmv will be played by my video player but those with multiple extensions like mpeg.avi for instance won t play, i tried changing the extension before or after downloading but nothing, someone can help? please!:'( (i use windeows media player real media player, vlc etc but nothing!)
    Are they .001, .002 extensions? If so they need to be joined using HJ Split. Google it, download and enjoy.
    PS There are great tutorials here at the forum on where to D/L and how to use. Use the search feature.

Beginner

thanks, for the ones i downloaded all partts and are like you said with 1 2 3 etc it ll be ok, but how come it doesn t work for singles files ?

Beginner

and how come when i try to download files it wirtes that it sthe same files(i mean they have the same titles whereas when we see it on the tread they seem to have differeent names)

here s an example
    ND2-4.avi.001
    ND2-4.avi.002

elgrego

Quote Originally Posted by gaeljet View Post
    and how come when i try to download files it wirtes that it sthe same files(i mean they have the same titles whereas when we see it on the tread they seem to have differeent names)

here s an example
    ND2-4.avi.001
    ND2-4.avi.002
    As goboy indicated above, those are HJsplit part files, you need to get the program HJsplit.
    Then download all the numbered parts you see in the thread
    You can then join them with the HJsplit program

Beginner

i could do it, thx to all