Thread: logged out with page change

Virgin

Unhappy logged out with page change

Every time I advance to the next page of a post I get logged out. When I log back in it sends me back to the first page of the post and switches from linear to threaded mode even though my profile is set for linear. Please help me out as this is beyond annoying. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you need to clear your cookies in whichever browser you're using. Try the forum on another browser if possible and see if it still happens on your machine.

Virgin

Clearing cookies did solve the problem for a page or two but then started up again. I'm using Firefox because it has an image download app. I don't get the problem in IE but I can't find a good download tool to go with it. I can keep clearing Firefox's cache it's just kind of a pain. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by crowed View Post
    Clearing cookies did solve the problem for a page or two but then started up again. I'm using Firefox because it has an image download app. I don't get the problem in IE but I can't find a good download tool to go with it. I can keep clearing Firefox's cache it's just kind of a pain. Thanks for your help!
    Well I would put money on it not being firefox, especially if you arent experiencing that problem at any other site or forum that uses the same type of set-up as this one. Now I do from time to time have some log on issues with this forum, but that is most likely a server issue on their end or comcast being difficult on my end, but not due to cookies or any setting I have here. Firefox never gives me any difficulties in and of itself. So my bet is either its a server problem here at facialforum, or your isp is being is experiencing problems.

i was having the same problem awhile back. All i did was click the little box that says "remember me" it only remembers this session. Hopefully one of these ideas people put out that you workon.....
    Last edited by SimonKemp; 09-11-2008 at 03:22 AM.