Thread: Video Capture Software - USB in Windows XP

Default Video Capture Software - USB in Windows XP

So I just got a neat little device that will allow me to record my VHS or whatever onto my computer. It's a little Plextor and apparently I don't need additional drivers in Windows XP.

However, what program can I use to record audio and video from this USB port?

* Verified Member *

Windows Movie Maker, which comes free with XP and Vista, should recognize the device as a "Capture Device". You can find it under Start Menu, All Programs, Windows Movie Maker. Once its open, go to File, Capture Video, and it should list the connected devices.

I hope that works!

Quote Originally Posted by rock_boss View Post
    Windows Movie Maker, which comes free with XP and Vista, should recognize the device as a "Capture Device". You can find it under Start Menu, All Programs, Windows Movie Maker. Once its open, go to File, Capture Video, and it should list the connected devices.

I hope that works!

Thanks...well it might work except it's not detecting the capture device. Plextor says this thing doesn't need an additional driver but WMM seems to think it needs something else & is not installed properly.

If anyone has a clue or can point me to some Windows XP Video Drivers or anything that might have to do with this, give a shout here.

Virtualdub is made for this, it's an amazing program very versatile.

In the videohelp forum site you can get lots of help.

Tonic speaks the truth, Vdub is one of my favorite free apps of all time. it will do what exactly what you want and much, much more.